Parking aberdeen please tonight

Im picking a load up from a gym on Justice Mill lane tommorow(saturday) morning at 5.30am.

does anyone know of any parking as close to it as possible please? ive gotta run it back to the yard in lancashire and i dont wanna run out of hours.

ideally i need to be back for 2pm for a kids party but thats my problem.

cheers in advance

Used to be able to park at the docks but the ladies of the night will be knocking if it’s still like it was.
I used to park near the oil refinery as you come in to Aberdeen but heard you can’t park there now not sure how true it is.
Edited to say I’ve just checked ab12 3le is the lorry park, I thought it wasn’t in use any more but apparently it is now £9 and £3 for a shower cafe open till 7pm.

Nearest bit I can think of for you is East Tullos industrial estate, either Greenbank road or Greenbank terrace.
Only a couple of miles from the town centre.

Head down to Torry dock, (straight on from Grampian Bar on your right on corner of Victoria rd).
Park anywhere down there, a short walk over bridge to City centre facilities, and only a mile and a half from your tipping destination in morning.

cheers guys :slight_smile:

The truck stop at Altens Ind Est is your best bet. You deffo don’t want to park up in Torry on a friday night fella! You’ll be at the gym in 5 minutes from Altens, I’ll be just round the corner from you at 0530am at Asda on beach boulevard.

Maybe he aint a gym type of a guy.
I was actually weekended at Torry about 5 yrs ago, had no bother. :neutral_face:

There is a hgv overnight parking ban in Aberdeen, only certain streets allowed. No heard of any fines being dished out in a while though. Guy was on here last year greetin he got ticketed on riverside drive.

Hate Aberdeen runs with a passion.

robroy:
I was actually weekended at Torry about 5 yrs ago, had no bother. :neutral_face:

Haha…I meant the gym he’s picking up from in the morning.

Torry is one of the rougher area’s in the city, not the first place I’d choose for a weekend away.

busteredwards:

robroy:

Haha…I meant the gym he’s picking up from in the morning.

Torry is one of the rougher area’s in the city, not the first place I’d choose for a weekend away.

:smiley: Oh right I see.
As for the weekend rest in Torry, I think I had been sat there for hours ‘on break’ waiting for my firm in Belgium to guarantee payment for a tyre call out, something like 8 to 10 hours :open_mouth: :unamused: , I had to gauge it to get weekly rest plus a run down to catch the ferry, so just left in on rest for the duration rather than move and start the rest period again, …something like that anyway, and come to think it was more than 5 yrs ago,… maybe the area was more refined then. :laughing:

merc0447:
There is a hgv overnight parking ban in Aberdeen, only certain streets allowed. No heard of any fines being dished out in a while though. Guy was on here last year greetin he got ticketed on riverside drive.

There was a designated street truck park on Miller st. next to B+Q I think it was, up from Shore Porters depot, is it still there anybody?
I had a walk down there last year sometime, but did not understand the parking sign :blush: , whether it was prohibitive or not.

merc0447:

That would be me. Got ticketed at 22:35 at night. :unamused: had parked there at least 12 times before that in the past no bother.

im on altens ind est. cheers guys. helped a lot. im new to this tramping lark. still finding my feet ect. and theres no prizes for saying under my ankles. have a good one

thanks again

Did u make it back for 2pm then mr optimistic :laughing:

i was only an hour late . there was a delay loading me. i couldnt park out front cos of a broken down taxi.

Until recently you could park at Portlethen Asda on the A90. Great spot and literally a minute from the highway, but as usual some of our less enlightened brethren spoiled it by leaving bags of crp, pss etc on the car park rather than walking 30 yards to a bin! I was up there last week, and I parked on the seafront at Stonehaven.

Born Idle:
Until recently you could park at Portlethen Asda on the A90. Great spot and literally a minute from the highway, but as usual some of our less enlightened brethren spoiled it by leaving bags of crp, pss etc on the car park rather than walking 30 yards to a bin! I was up there last week, and I parked on the seafront at Stonehaven.

■■■■■■■ typical! Have they banned overnighting only, or have they stopped us going in there to shop as well?

The Sarge:

Born Idle:

[zb] typical! Have they banned overnighting only, or have they stopped us going in there to shop as well?

I went past the other week and I think I noticed they have put bollards up so you can’t get in at the top of the car park where we used to park. I was driving past so couldn’t really be sure 100%
■■■■■■■ dirty scum they are. You can bet they’re all fat ■■■■■■■■ if they can’t be arsed to walk 30 yard to a bin :unamused:

I didn’t see any barriers, only signs say no HGV overnight parking. So a quick stop for some shopping is probably still ok.