Carlisle Council Parking

roadtransport.com/Articles/2 … rucks.html

Read the link and then it should fire you up enough to fire a couple of emails off.

In correlation a spokeswoman at the site’s Nightowl truck stop tells RoadTransport there is capacity for up to 200 HGVs and this is rarely full.

Wasnt there a TN member who worked at Carlisle Nightowl?

Maybe the reason Nightowl is rarely full is because of the poor standards offered, the food is awful, the staff are rude and the parking procedure stupid.

I went past it last night @ 20.35 + 21.35, VERY empty, not many in at all, plenty parked by MaccyDs, ect., its got to say something when the roads, and laybys are full in the vicinity :open_mouth:

The problem is that it’s illegal to park a LGV over 7 and a half ton on a public highway anywhere within the Carlisle city limits. The residents of Kingstown have always complained about the wagons parking overnight, but I bet you a pound to a pinch of brown smelly stuff, that it would be the same people complaining when their favourite foodstuffs aren’t on the shelves in the supermarket because a wagon didn’t deliver them. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Just sent this to carparking@carlisle.gov.uk

To whom it may concern

I am writing to complain about the quote given by your spokesperson in this article roadtransport.com/Articles/2 … rucks.html the quote being “Many drivers are paid an allowance by their operators when they are away from their base, to use facilities such as those at the two truck stops within the estate.”

Drivers are given an overnight allowance for meals NOT to pay for parking, there are many operators who refuse to pay for their vehicles to park in truckstops or motorway service areas, leaving drivers to either pay out of their own pocket or to park either in industrial estates or lay-bys. Maybe a better option would be for Carlisle Council to open a Council run parking area in Longtown Industrial Estate with a nominal charge for parking along with toilet and shower block, rather than fining lorry drivers for parking illegally. Please remember that there are a lot of drivers who spend all week away from home working, living and sleeping in a box not much more than 8ft squared and the last thing that they need when parked up is being hassled by a traffic warden.

I think you will find that most drivers won’t use the Nightowl run truckstop due to the food quality and the attitude and rudeness of the staff that work there. When it was ran by BP, most nights you could not get parked after 8pm due to the amount of trucks that were in there, now most lorry drivers would need to be paid to actually go in there.

Please remember that Lorries are the lifeblood of this country, without them the country would grind to a halt.

Although your email is good, having worked for Carlisle City Council in the past, I don’t think they’ll pay a blind bit of notice to it. If they do reply it’ll be along the lines of , thank you for your email, the comments have been noted, however blah blah blah. :frowning:

does this include the road outside mcdonalds where the car dealers are(where i regularly park),as far as i can tell,the locals need to complain about the boy racers doing donuts till 2 am,and littering the entire car park/road with their rubbish.all lorry drivers i"ve seen parking down there,dispose of their rubbish in the bins provided and dont cause a nuisance to anyone.i wouldnt park in that truck stop if you paid ME.

Had similar affair down this way.Local residents wrote to the council to close a free parking area for wagons,due to drivers peering in to their property,a bit hard to that,if trailer end is by the wall,and cab facing away from the nosey residents.And toilet problems,or lack of.They complained of noise disturbance in the early hours and fridge units running all day.One reported a half naked female trucker changing in the privacy of her cab.Local reporter ran the story,and had numerous comments from TN members from across the UK.Melksham car park,“Wiltshire times”,reporter Katie Adams.

buck73:
does this include the road outside mcdonalds where the car dealers are(where i regularly park),as far as i can tell,the locals need to complain about the boy racers doing donuts till 2 am,and littering the entire car park/road with their rubbish.all lorry drivers i"ve seen parking down there,dispose of their rubbish in the bins provided and dont cause a nuisance to anyone.i wouldnt park in that truck stop if you paid ME.

Unfortunately it’s illegal to park anywhere on the estate, the traffic wardens used to patrol it regularly when I worked for Carlisle, but they haven’t been there for a while hence all the new complaints :frowning:

The Highway Man:

buck73:

Unfortunately it’s illegal to park anywhere on the estate, the traffic wardens used to patrol it regularly when I worked for Carlisle, but they haven’t been there for a while hence all the new complaints :frowning:

I was up there last night, [eventually], the first left after MaccyDs, Kingstown Way IIRC, was deserted last night, a couple outside MaccyDs, AND, queuing to get into the truck stop :open_mouth:

So, it looks like the Gestapo are active in the area, BEWARE :smiling_imp:

Bull.

More like Nightowl have put in false complaints from make believe locals so the traffic wardends get brought into the area. Anyone else thinking the same?

Steve-o:
Bull.

More like Nightowl have put in false complaints from make believe locals so the traffic wardends get brought into the area. Anyone else thinking the same?

Does`nt really matter, you have been warned, you will wake up to a ticket if you park on the estate, period :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Does`nt really matter, you have been warned, you will wake up to a ticket if you park on the estate, period :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:
[/quote]
so,tell me something new,where “lorryists” are treated worse than a guilty ■■■■■■!!.
just another town,that due to its own short sighted attitude will make its own local economy suffer as a result.

i stopped at carlisle this week ,
it was clean ,cheap (compared to down south) the food was ok and lots of it,and parking was reasonably flat

buck73:

so,tell me something new,where “lorryists” are treated worse than a guilty ■■■■■■!!.
just another town,that due to its own short sighted attitude will make its own local economy suffer as a result.
[/quote]
What`s the biggest moan on here ■■?, lack on decent parking seems to ring a bell :open_mouth:

Carlisle has a bloody big truck park, the reason the locals are getting ■■■■■■ off, is that it ain`t being used FFS, nobody is being persecuted, they are pointing out an actual fact.

If the owners of said parking facility, were to close it, and re-develope it, there would be huge protests on here.

I personally, cannot see the point of parking on the road, with the chance of the local gestapo putting a ticket on you, when you can park safely inside a secure area :unamused:

Stanley Mitchell:
What`s the biggest moan on here ■■?, lack on decent parking seems to ring a bell :open_mouth:

Carlisle has a bloody big truck park, the reason the locals are getting ■■■■■■ off, is that it ain`t being used FFS, nobody is being persecuted, they are pointing out an actual fact.

If the owners of said parking facility, were to close it, and re-develope it, there would be huge protests on here.

I personally, cannot see the point of parking on the road, with the chance of the local gestapo putting a ticket on you, when you can park safely inside a secure area :unamused:

refer to the other post and my reply to that which is on here,im not writing it twice.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=46424#p527656

many years ago, a traffic warden put a ticket on my car windscreen. i had asked him to hand it to me instead of putting adhesive on the screen.
well, he thought he’d be a smart arse and put it on the screen anyway. So i wiped the glue off with his head.
fare doo’s, i got arrested. but it was worth it. “Not guilty verdict” again. :laughing:

i don’t go up to carlisle much. but if i do and i get a ticket, i will hunt the [zb]er down, and make sure it’s the last time they ever write a ticket.
i get so [zb]ed off with people targeting lorry drivers.
why are so many drivers acting like a bunch of puffs. just kick someones teath in. they’ll soon back down.