Job ads on the back of lorries

Passed a Superdrug lorry last night with a job ad on the back and it got me thinking. Why do they need a permanent job ad on display? Do they have such a large turnover of drivers that they’re always recruiting? If so, why? Or are they rapidly expanding?

Has anyone ever responded to a back of lorry advert?

Oh yes, for a good time with Suzie phone 07894********* :laughing:

Could be due to a high turnover of staff for many reasons. Could be a recruitment drive to get new drivers for new contracts or new depots. Could be an old advert that is no longer used but has not been removed from the vehicles.

I’ve never quite understood why adverts on the back of a lorry is a good idea, apart from its route to the motorway network from its base it spends most of its driving on the motorways or other towns and cities away from where people would be applying for a job. Some large companies do it as they may have vacancies across several sites around the UK though.

Just because a company advertises on the back of a truck does not necessarily mean it’s good or bad.

Superdrug run night routes out into london class 1 and 2 both multidropping, hardly surprising they are short of drivers.

wolves:
Superdrug run night routes out into london class 1 and 2 both multidropping, hardly surprising they are short of drivers.

And it’s agency.

Reverse the trailer in through the doors of your local Job Centre and say, “can I have more information about this job vacancy please?” :laughing:

Reed Boardall have adverts on their vehicles, yes, I responded and walked out of their interview because it was obvious why they’re permanently recruiting.

In theory, if you’re after poaching drivers already in work from other operators then it should work, most of us in a reasonable job arn’t looking so bringing jobs to the attention of people who don’t swap jobs like their undercrackers is a shrewd move.

In practice, just like any other established operator who needs to advertise regularly for drivers, there’s usually a reason why they can’t get or keep people.

Nothing at all wrong with multi drop in cities, pay a £50k genuine full time package plus decent pension for 50 hours max and you’ll be fighting top flight staff off with a crappy stick.

My last lot still can’t get drivers for Class 1 contracts, they started long before I joined on Class 2 in 2014.

mick.mh2racing:
Reed Boardall have adverts on their vehicles, yes, I responded and walked out of their interview because it was obvious why they’re permanently recruiting.

Haha yes me too a few years back

I thought of applying but met up with an RB driver at a drop and changed my mind.

Good jobs are never advertised - there are always applicants waiting for them

if I remember correctly you start as agency [usual story]and if you do well it becomes full time,i went for an interview once and did not get on with the interviewer at all,guy was a ■■■■ to put it mildly,they don’t allow staff to have a go at each other,so if someone treats you like dirt you are not allowed to give it back,i explained that if anyone talked down to me or wanted to take it further then I would oblige them,he replied I wasn’t the type of person they were looking for,i said they were not the kind of people I would work for and walked out of the interview.

The other one is the name of the store on the side of the trailer which baffles me [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]