Job advert on the move

Not sure if this is a regular thing, but driving down the m56 this afternoon, overtook a b&m lorry with a sign on the back saying ‘Class 1 drivers wanted, Liverpool’

No contact number but am sure a quick google would find out.

Thought it may help someone out.

DHL “NISA” too looking for Professional Drivers
Overtook me on A414

Impact Forklifts in Boston may soon need a driver to deliver Fork Lift Trucks as I have heard the regular driver is due to retire soon a good day job for anyone interested.

Raz38:
Not sure if this is a regular thing, but driving down the m56 this afternoon, overtook a b&m lorry with a sign on the back saying ‘Class 1 drivers wanted, Liverpool’

No contact number but am sure a quick google would find out.

Thought it may help someone out.

This is a regular sight on the back of trucks over here, it usually means the company has a high driver turnover or in other words ‘■■■■■’ they can’t keep drivers. There is a company not to far from my home ‘Lodgistics One’ (used to be Saratoga transport) that does it and also places a newspaper add in every local rag every day, the boss at my old company said he wished he could afford to do it and I told him I would never of applied if he did becasue it’s not a good thing for building reputation.

We have the recruitment line phone number on top of both sides of the cab :open_mouth:

DAF95XF:
We have the recruitment line phone number on top of both sides of the cab :open_mouth:

You also have it on most of the rear doors too, still cant get any decent drivers tho :smiley:

green456:

DAF95XF:

You also have it on most of the rear doors too, still cant get any decent drivers tho :smiley:

Never noticed that on the rear doors, its “well driven” and quite a few have road safety messages on :wink:

I noticed they have them on those lorries that deliver chicken saxophones and fish flavoured snail bites to iceland

DAF95XF:

green456:

DAF95XF:

Never noticed that on the rear doors, its “well driven” and quite a few have road safety messages on :wink:

That proves the point :laughing: You don’t even do a proper pre trip walk around :laughing:

Pat Hasler:

DAF95XF:

green456:

DAF95XF:

That proves the point :laughing: You don’t even do a proper pre trip walk around :laughing:

Nowhere in the walk round does it say “look at all the writing on the trailer doors”, Im only looking at the lights on the back :wink:

DHL Dartford seems to have a high turnover of staff.

I wonder if it’s to do with it only being available on umbrella/Ltd/SE which pretty much forces you to commit to flat-out hours only. I dropped FT to do agency BECAUSE i want to work less hours - not more FFS! I showed myself the door!

(6am monday-friday with being bullcrapped over availablity of weekends & nights didn’t help either!) :imp: :imp:

God, I hate all that bull. Guaranteed hours they said. Sundays & nights available they said.

Got offered the job, and the polish bird interviewing me seemed a bit miffed when I turned it down because I had issues with “umbrella” and “working earlies”!!! Wish she’d told me at the start “Actually, there’s no nights or weekends, but we put that in the ad to attract chumps like you into signing up so we can fall back on them later in the year when it gets busy”.

“No the ■■■■■ you won’t” he deftly replied, as she watched his receeding back go out the door for the last time…