A lot more "Job Ads" of late?

Job Ads seem to be mushrooming around here at the moment (Estuary area) I’m not sure if that means there is a serious economic pickup in transport under way, or just the same work being touted out to ever more agencies.

I have not seen an actual full time job advert in the local press since April. That is, you apply direct to the geographic phone number of the in-office TM at the place you’ll be working rather than Tom Champagne’s mobile number with only vague details that don’t include the firm and place you’ll be working for! :smiling_imp:

Perhaps someone working at places like Tilbury & Crossways (and other estates spreading out) might care to comment? :neutral_face:

I don’t know about the rest of you folks out there, but I like to know what the rates of pay are before I waste a day going to an interview, only to be told its umbrella this and complicated hourly rates that and take off the number you first thought of the other. :angry:

Job ads mushrooming: Perhaps it’s because it’s only 14 weeks today to Christmas day!!

I think because we are getting towards xmas… shops in my area selling tat allready ! agency’s are just flooding the market , i look on my local direct-gov job site on a regular basis… i would say 98- 99% of jobs offered are agency… no real jobs ! :frowning:

Out of seemingly hundreds of jobs perm jobs going in the Medway I have only seen about 5 or 6 that are not agency, that time of year again I guess!

There are a couple of large hauliers in my area who were advertising in the local paper last week, the first time I’d seen that for a while, both were saying they had taken on new contracts so maybe it’s just the season for the swap around of ‘who offers the lowest bid’.

But this is all then expected to die off on January 2nd?

This year end will be my first full year on agency, so first full exposure to what Christmas run up should look like… A year ago, I had yet to join an agency that gave me work when I wanted it. :frowning:

How would you recognise a full time job advert from agency UNLESS it has the firm’s name and geographic transport office number on it?
I suspect that even the few full time posts going are touted out through agencies like houses through an estate agent…

andi_cardiff:
Out of seemingly hundreds of jobs perm jobs going in the Medway I have only seen about 5 or 6 that are not agency, that time of year again I guess!

I have seen ads for Castledean, one for Nobbies (Medway City Estate) and one for Shakespeare (larkfield) so far this year. Not exactly rich pickings I guess.

I’ve done the shakespere job on agency a few years back, and know it’s about a 70 hour week for the £500pw “salary” being offered in this year’s FT ad, which meant I wasn’t going to be applying for it. £7ph nights? - No Sir, not for me! :stuck_out_tongue:

Strangely, I’ve never worked for nobbies despite their yard being 10 minutes from my house! I’ve done a drop there third party, and of course I get to go to the crematorium RSU place at Snodland, but I don’t see much inspirational happening there… :unamused:

Winseer:

andi_cardiff:

I have seen ads for Castledean, one for Nobbies (Medway City Estate) and one for Shakespeare (larkfield) so far this year. Not exactly rich pickings I guess.

I’ve done the shakespere job on agency a few years back, and know it’s about a 70 hour week for the £500pw “salary” being offered in this year’s FT ad, which meant I wasn’t going to be applying for it. £7ph nights? - No Sir, not for me! :stuck_out_tongue:

Strangely, I’ve never worked for nobbies despite their yard being 10 minutes from my house! I’ve done a drop there third party, and of course I get to go to the crematorium RSU place at Snodland, but I don’t see much inspirational happening there… :unamused:

Lenham recently advertised as well for both class 1 and 2 on a few different shifts. Castledene always seem to be advertising for a night driver, I guess the wage or the 4 on 2 off is not tempting many people!

Could be due to Christmas or maybe down to driver shortage :grimacing: