Fat drivers

nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/Healthywe … lator.aspx

Got a BMI of 28 so I’m overweight.
How many of you are the same and do any of you workout in the cab/ in the back of the truck to try and combat the lack of movement while driving.

adam277:
The NHS website - NHS

Got a BMI of 28 so I’m overweight.
How many of you are the same and do any of you workout in the cab/ in the back of the truck to try and combat the lack of movement while driving.

That’s the same ■■■■ that says a bodybuilder is clinically obese so with that in mind it’s a pile of crap.

If you’re interested in actually seeing muscle mass and fat mass and finding out your stats then get a dexa scan. I had one a while back cost me around £100 but worth it. I got one because I lost 6st so wanted to know how much mass I had and fat.

bodyscanuk.com

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

BMI doesn’t always mean much, rugby players are all high BMI but still very fit

for those discounting the BMI scale I would put my months wages on if a lorry drivers comes in high its because he’s unfit/overweight, not because he’s an athletic rugby player or the next Arnold :laughing:

OP the first thing I would do is put your details into this calculator and go from there.

bodybuilding.com/fun/macronutcal.htm

don’t worry too much about carbs,fats,protein because at the end of the day it all comes down to calories in-calories out to lose weight anyway.

if you use a smart phone its worth downloading myfitnesspal which lets you scan barcodes of foods you eat throughout the day and makes a log, you’ll be surprised just how much you’re eating after using that to track for a week, pretty sure it gives you a calorie goal for the day depending on how much weight you want to lose too.

exercise wise, could you not do a few laps of the lorry park or something like that?

goodluck :smiley:

I think the BMI scale is a good tool for those that are not atheltic or bodybuilders and as this is on a trucking forum. :grimacing: I may be wrong this might be where all the jacked and ripped truckers chat. Although I’m betting the majroity of you are fat ■■■■■■■ that have to adjust the steering wheel over your gut though. :stuck_out_tongue:

popcorn.gif

I’m happy
I refuse to conform to some idea thought up by some nobody in an office trying to justify their job .
I am not a sheep.

funny-■■■■-fail-man-truck.jpg

boat.JPG

I seen one the other day outside his cab leaning over talking to the intercom, dear me he was a mess i nearly rang him an ambulance, i really didnt know how he got out the cab.
im glad i aint using that truck after him. sweat pouring of him, out of breath, but the chaps still trying. :open_mouth:

I saw a driver the other week on an exercise bike in his cab. Great idea I’ve bought a small one for myself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dani1972:
I saw a driver the other week on an exercise bike in his cab. Great idea I’ve bought a small one for myself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

giphy-1.gif

adam277:
I think the BMI scale is a good tool for those that are not atheltic or bodybuilders and as this is on a trucking forum. :grimacing: I may be wrong this might be where all the jacked and ripped truckers chat. Although I’m betting the majroity of you are fat [zb] that have to adjust the steering wheel over your gut though. :stuck_out_tongue:

Just off to play five-a-side. Age 53. Waist 30". Same as when I started driving trucks, 30 odd years ago. Most of the older fat guys I have known over the years have either died early or had drastic health problems. So think on when you are in the queue tomorrow for your belly buster breakfast or Greggs sausage rolls and cake.

If you’re a facebook user… have a look for “Truckers who run” loads of useful stuff on there…not just for runners either…

This is me getting into shape for my up and coming Class 1 training.I soon will be an Adonis of the trucking world [emoji2]

adam277:
I think the BMI scale is a good tool for those that are not atheltic or bodybuilders and as this is on a trucking forum. :grimacing: I may be wrong this might be where all the jacked and ripped truckers chat. Although I’m betting the majroity of you are fat [zb] that have to adjust the steering wheel over your gut though. :stuck_out_tongue:

well,i don’t have to adjust the wheel but yeah I could do with losing around 5 stone,dont mind admitting I am embarrassed by my weight,but that trucker in your picture,that is disgusting,i would never let myself get as bad as that

Its all about diet. Nothing you do in the cab will raise your metabolism enough to burn away the extra calories. If you are away all week, take some running gear with you. Lock the cab up and walk-run as you build your fitness. Do not for one moment ever worry what other drivers say. I think if I went back tramping the first bit of kit in the cab would be a nutri-bullet blender. Just pop into a veg shop…buy a load of fruit and veg…a piece of cooked chicken from somewhere and that would be me.
They reckon a guy needs about 2500 calories a day. The sedentary job we do now, I reckon you could get by on much less, but that is the figure you need to get under to lose weight. A full english has about 800 calories, there are 200 in a bottle of coke and there are 180 calories in a pint of lager. So you can see how easy it is to pile on the pounds if you eat three meals a day and have a few pints in the evening. Admittedly, in our job it ain’t easy to eat healthy, but at least just say no to awful food. Lost count of the amount of cafes and truckstops I have walked out of over the years due to the standard of food.

this says it all… :smiley:

images5A9P1IL4.jpg

iirc his holiness Chubby Brown once commented that your gob is 3 times the size of your ring piece, but it doesn’t mean you have to shove 3 times as much in, as comes out