Calling all fat chubby truckers 2022

I think I done this thread a few years ago… So why not again.

Who is a fatty? And is anyone planning to use the new years as some motivation to lose a bit of extra weight? :grimacing:

I’m 98kg and 6ft so I am classed as chubby. Although, I don’t think I look it.
I wanna get down to 75kg ideally.

How about you guys?

Yes,me about the same.I had these ideas last year but now Im back to square one and have to start again

Yep. After twisting my knee badly back in may I stopped running and avoided the gym. I am 6 ft 1 and my weight went from 105 kg to 121 kg. (2 half stone in old money)
Just started running again and will rejoin the gym in the new year.
Its easy to get stuck in a rut and I had a really bad habit that started in the heatwave of getting home from work and doing bugger all but sit on a sofa all evening. There is also a man v fat football club that may be coming to town so I will partake in that if it happens.

Can we have this thread in stones / lbs for us old ones

Being overweight/obese is probably the typical stereotype truck driver image that people see.
I’m hardly the fittest guy due to age and a recent all inclusive holiday and indulgence at Christmas.
But I have no excuse to be unfit especially when I have my own home gym equipment at home, inc weights (plates, kettlebells, and 5kg-30kg dumbbells), Olympic bars, exercise bike, rowing machine. Typically I do short cardio workouts in the week and 1-2hr sessions at the weekend which includes 10k-20k cycle ride (10k in 24mins), 5k rowing and then targeting various parts of the body in different days. Yesterday was leg day so that included squats, goblet squats, Bulgarian split squats etc. one advantage of having my own gym is that because of the limited time I have after work in the evening I can get home, prepare dinner and while it’s cooking I can still do a workout. If the footy is on tv I can watch that while I’m going training

Yeah plenty fattys about but the ones I mostly see are wee and fat. It seems on here they are all 6 foot plus fattys. :laughing:
Thankfully never been a fatty. I’m one of these that can eat and eat and never put on an ounce. :smiley:

I lost 3 stone but it took a heart attack to get my weight down and start exercising daily, now walk the dog 10 k a day and hoping to get licence back after treadmill test 02/02/23. Happy New year to all on Trucknet

Nice thread ,
As for the OP being 98k and wanting to get down to 75k that will take some work ( obviously the younger you are the easier) I’m 58 and a short arse 5ft 6 ,
In lockdown I made a conscious effort ( do have weights treadmill bike punch bag in garage ) to lose weight , we were furloughed for about 4 months before being called back in. In those 4 months I worked my ■■■■ off I was 86k and got down to 70k that was basically working out every day / run once a day because we were only allowed out once ( according to boris ) no alcohol at all
No chocolate , no biscuits etc etc you get the picture .
Now 2 half years on from that even though I have done my best to eat properly when in the truck in the day and nighting out etc also when on nights out I try to go for a decent walk, possible run ( location permitting ) still train at night / weekends ( obviously not as much because of time ) my weight has crept back up to 77k . Unless you are very lucky or have plenty of time keeping your weight down in this job is pretty hard .

Back to the old days of handballing, rope and sheet and change your own wheel after a puncture. :slight_smile:

There is definitely something to be said for handballing that helps you keep in shape to a degree.

I’ve been doing a class 2 multi drop role for 4 months delivering 200kg (often heavier) wheeled cages of laundry by hand, pushing up hills and steep ramps, pulling hard to tilt them back to go up steep kerbs etc.

The result so far: Started job at 93.5kg with little ab definition…now I’m 87kg with fairly visible abs (a stone for you old folks). My chest, back and arms are thicker from all the pushing and pulling; and my calves and hamstrings are much more developed. My cardio fitness is much improved and my metabolism has sped up considerably. I eat junk food half the time and I’m still losing fat around my waist. I also do some other daily exercise at home to fill in the gaps.

when I retired in 2021 I was 17st 2lb within a year I went upto 18 st 10lb but being 6ft 6in didn’t think it was so bad until I saw the doc, because I haven’t seen her for a few yrs she done a blood test long story short no alcohol lose at least 2 st and exercise. so 2 meals a day under the 2500 cals a day and 3 times a week a long walk row 1500 mt and lift some weights working a treat for me. in 4 mths lost 1st 4lbs.