Block out heat when parked

If you had no option but to park in full power direct south of England summer sun shine is there anything you can buy to reduce heat through windows? I see some motor homes with that silver bubble wrap type sheeting is that any good does anyone know?

I jam a hi viz or jacket in the door.

Yes it does.
Saw a johnny f 2 days ago parked by us with it in the cab.
It’s an old idea that was used even in the 70’s mainly in the winter to help keep the cab warm post night heater.

Steve-o:
south of England summer sun shine

Is …

That different to north of England summer sunshine? :smiley:

This is where good old johhnyforeigner excels at finding the shade. I’ve seen 'em parked at the most peculiar angles to avoid the midday sun.

Yes, they do keep things cooler by providing shade and a small amount of heat insulation.

I’m old school, if things are getting too hot, engine on, AC running and that equals driver chilled out.

Draw your curtains, and if you are parking up after a stint, lift your grill, let the heat escape from the front, and not up through the cab :wink:

If it’s coming through the side window I have my hi viz over the glass works a treat

I once went to bed with both doors open at Thurrock it was that hot it was the best way to get some breeze flowing through the cab, I then woke in the early hours and locked the doors when it had cooled, nothing was nicked but not really recommended I suppose.

bald bloke:
I once went to bed with both doors open at Thurrock it was that hot it was the best way to get some breeze flowing through the cab, I then woke in the early hours and locked the doors when it had cooled, nothing was nicked but not really recommended I suppose.

do it abroad and you would wake up naked to a stripped cab and and extremely sore ringpiece.assuming you woke up at all…anyone want to start another GASSING,DOES IT HAPPEN OR NOT debate■■? :slight_smile:

I bought two silver car sunscreens and stapled them together to cover the whole screen. In fact two will cover windscreen and one side window. Makes one hell of a diffefence

dieseldog999:

bald bloke:

do it abroad and you would wake up naked to a stripped cab and and extremely sore ringpiece.assuming you woke up at all…anyone want to start another GASSING,DOES IT HAPPEN OR NOT debate■■? :slight_smile:

Wouldn’t have done it abroad but there was still plenty of daylight left and it was 30 +,I was desperate but survived in tact.

Switchlogic has the right idea…and i used them on my motorhome, they worked wonders but were more expensive than the sun blinds. :smiley:

Looks like you can get a big roll of the foil stuff for just over 20 quid

Steve-o:
Looks like you can get a big roll of the foil stuff for just over 20 quid

Make your own up
diy.com/departments/thermall … &rrec=true

SWMBO is in the process of making new curtains for my truck. She is going to sew a foil space blanket into the lining for this very reason. Should help with keeping cool in the summer and warm in the winter.

Sunroof open with the shade pulled over, windows cracked open with the curtains closed, if you have a fridge, those blue ice blocks frozen and placed over your air vents for half and hour (save having the engine ticking over annoying folks) then while the blocks are still frozen pop one in your bunk and one on your pillow = a cooler driver, remember your shower though you sweaty gits :laughing:

Or just go home at night. Weirdo’s :unamused: :laughing:

eagerbeaver:

What :open_mouth:
And have to do the dishes and stuff :blush:

Drift:

eagerbeaver:

What :open_mouth:
And have to do the dishes and stuff :blush:

Don’t be ridiculous man.

I have Mrs B for that. :grimacing:

Drift:
Sunroof open with the shade pulled over, windows cracked open with the curtains closed, if you have a fridge, those blue ice blocks frozen and placed over your air vents for half and hour (save having the engine ticking over annoying folks) then while the blocks are still frozen pop one in your bunk and one on your pillow = a cooler driver, remember your shower though you sweaty gits :laughing:

Chill the cab down to the max via the air con and keep windows and vents closed.
Keeping them open, will let the warm air in.
How the frec did we manage back in the day, parked up in the likes of Carisio ?
There were mozzies the size of bats I tell thee.

Is this a serious question ? You can buy reflective window shields anywhere.