Parking up in this heat

I’m sure I’m not the only one that’s parked up in this heat so thought I’d pass on my tip for keeping cool. If spaying yourself with a mist from a plant sprayer doesn’t quite do it for you try air from the air duster. Really works. Q those posh forkers with an aircon unit on the roof [emoji57]

I find a Borat mankini helps [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I’m not a peasant I have a wonderful air con pod. Can’t beat a quick blow round the hampton with the air duster, especially just before bed.

Yeah I have a nice air con pod :sunglasses:

Something you forgot to tell the boss obviously when you were choosing your spec :laughing:

I don’t have one on the roof, it’s an FH4, we have IPark cool… it’s built in and works brilliantly.

Maybe the harder you fight it the worse it gets? If you’ve air con on full blast all day then when parking up with no night cooler the difference is more marked.
To feel the benefit of an open window in the evening, just put on a heavy jacket and turn up the heater half an hour before parking up.

Edit typo

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

I’ve gone old skool, windows open, shorts n flip flops, bloody 30’c… :open_mouth:
And only 1 beer in the fridge, knew I forgot something Sunday

Blimey!..

:open_mouth:

A gearstick.

biggriffin:
I’ve gone old skool, windows open, shorts n flip flops, bloody 30’c… :open_mouth:

I have no space for anything else, found Birra Moretti on special in Lidl for 0,75€ a can, just as good as a pod :laughing:

Feel really sorry for the poor sod who’s had to drive mine for the last two weeks whilst I’ve been on holiday.

Managed to find a shaded spot and closed curtains over screen and a nice breeze has picked up [emoji16]
Also glad I’ve got this to keep my food and drinks cold [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In the shade and lift the grill. ■■■■ the pods.
Although it’s on my next one when spec it in 3 yrs. If I’m still with him that is.

nomiS36:
I’m sure I’m not the only one that’s parked up in this heat so thought I’d pass on my tip for keeping cool. If spaying yourself with a mist from a plant sprayer doesn’t quite do it for you try air from the air duster. Really works.

Don’t want to come across all mother hen mate, but in my mech eng apprenticeship we were regularly warned of the dangers of compressed air getting into cuts etc,…and the daddy of them all shoving a compressed air hose up someone’s arse for a laugh…not suggesting you’re into that as a pastime btw :smiley:

If I could make a suggestion about parking up in this heat, do what I do, avoid ■■■■ lay bys msa.s and other such boring crap holes, park somewhere decent,.and find a nice beer garden within walking distance…(aka getting some enjoyment and social life out of the job. :bulb:)

IMG_20180625_190205.jpg

TheUncaringCowboy:

biggriffin:

I have no space for anything else, found Birra Moretti on special in Lidl for 0,75€ a can, just as good as a pod :laughing:

Franglais:
Maybe the harder you fight it the worse it gets? If you’ve air con on full blast all day then when parking up with no night cooler the difference is more marked.
To feel the benefit of an open window in the evening, just put on a heavy jacket and turn up the heater half an hour before parking up.

Edit typo

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

That has occurred to me but the temptation to spray mist in my face then blow air on it is proving too hard to resist. It literally take yours breath away. No robroy, I ain’t trying it anally [emoji849]

I’m parked up in full sun on a concrete apron. It’s fairly warm! No air con pod, but a cold near beer is going down well.

Unfortunately had to park up windscreen to the sun too!

robroy:

nomiS36:
I’m sure I’m not the only one that’s parked up in this heat so thought I’d pass on my tip for keeping cool. If spaying yourself with a mist from a plant sprayer doesn’t quite do it for you try air from the air duster. Really works.

Don’t want to come across all mother hen mate, but in my mech eng apprenticeship we were regularly warned of the dangers of compressed air getting into cuts etc,…and the daddy of them all shoving a compressed air hose up someone’s arse for a laugh…not suggesting you’re into that as a pastime btw :smiley:

If I could make a suggestion about parking up in this heat, do what I do, avoid [zb] lay bys msa.s and other such boring crap holes, park somewhere decent,.and find a nice beer garden within walking distance…(aka getting some enjoyment and social life out of the job . :bulb:)

What are you, some kind of madman?!

mrginge:
Yeah I have a nice air con pod :sunglasses:

Something you forgot to tell the boss obviously when you were choosing your spec :laughing:

I did actually think about asking but figured for the odd couple of weeks we get decent weather it wouldn’t have even been considered so saved my breath. If I was on southern euro work I’d not drive a truck without it I don’t think.

slowlane:
I’m parked up in full sun on a concrete apron. It’s fairly warm! No air con pod, but a cold near beer is going down well.

Unfortunately had to park up windscreen to the sun too!

We’ll find yourself a b&q and get a plant sprayer. It’s well worth the couple of quid they cost.

Just to add it’s Britain it could be snowing next week [emoji6][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk