Been told to park on a car park overnight

I wanted to park at a truck stop but planners no go and park on this retail park car park. I know, because it’s free. After parking I see the signs saying there is a 2 hour rule and the fine is £100. Hope they get the fine. That will teach them for parking me for “free” to save 20 quid at a truck stop. They can’t say well why didn’t you go after seeing the signs either because I had 20 mins left and no where to get to in that time. If they get the fine and try and make me pay it I will be job hunting!

Rowley010:
I wanted to park at a truck stop but planners no go and park on this retail park car park. I know, because it’s free. After parking I see the signs saying there is a 2 hour rule and the fine is £100. Hope they get the fine. That will teach them for parking me for “free” to save 20 quid at a truck stop. They can’t say well why didn’t you go after seeing the signs either because I had 20 mins left and no where to get to in that time. If they get the fine and try and make me pay it I will be job hunting!

Get them to txt you to verify it so you have a record.
Send them a txt with a pic of parking restrictions to prove you have informed them of possibly getting done.
If it was me I would ring up the local authority and ‘complain’ about a truck parking in a restricted area :bulb: , or point out the truck to the local caravan dwellers. :smiley: that will make them think twice next time.

Or …
Just tell them you need to and prefer to park where there are facilities, and stand by it. :bulb:

Oh, and if they do hit you with the fine, don’t even THINK about paying it. :bulb:

Aren’t you treated like a big enough boy to decide where you’re going to park yourself?

You’ve said on another thread you can’t get showered, tell your planner you’re stopping at the truck stop because you need a shower and a hot meal, what are they going to do, sack you?

A.

I didn’t say I can’t get showered. I said you don’t know where you will get showered or what the facilities will be like when you do find somewhere.

I think this pretty much explains your opinion of tramping from the other post.

I’m not one for confrontation, (yea right :laughing: ) but I think you need to man up and tell them to get stuffed,
why shouldn’t you park up at a place with toilets and a shower?
Why shouldn’t they pay?

You have the 2 years experience you should be able ot get another job, and hopefully with a company who treats drivers with a bit of respect.

We do go to truck stops. Only snap ones though. Not allowed MSA or non snap truck stops, and if it’s between a truck stop or a free place near by they will always try and get you to go to it.

Rowley010:
We do go to truck stops. Only snap ones though. Not allowed MSA or non snap truck stops, and if it’s between a truck stop or a free place near by they will always try and get you to go to it.

Why go to the (unsuitable) one that they told you?
Why did you not try and find somewhere yourself, still free, but more suitable, and with nearby facilities?

They get funny about that when drivers do that.

From our point of view, if the curtain gets slashed and the planners have told you to park there then happy days.

If we find somewhere on our own and the curtain gets slashed then we will be in the office for a disciplinary and having to explain why we parked where we did.

In the morning fill a Tesco bag and present it to your planner when you get back. Maybe then he will get the message that you need facilities when you park for the night.

Rowley010:

From our point of view, if the curtain gets slashed and the planners have told you to park there then happy days.

If we find somewhere on our own and the curtain gets slashed then we will be in the office for a disciplinary and having to explain why we parked where we did.

Time to find a new company, I think :smiley:

Time to jump ship to a company that lets you use your brain

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rowley010:

I would be telling them to shove the job up their arse mate. Disciplined for someone vandalising THEIR property?

New job time fella :wink:

Rowley010:

So it’s ok to get robbed (or in this case nicked) at an unsuitable or unsafe park, as long as it happens at a place of their choosing ? :open_mouth:
They sound like a bunch of prize pricks mate. :unamused:
I also would look elsewhere for a job if I was you. :bulb:

Name and shame time…■■

Or, point us in a ‘rough direction’ of their location…?

Stand up for yourself. If you do, this kind of carry-on will stop pronto. If you don’t, it will carry on. There is no need to go in all guns blazing as some on here undoubtedly would, but simply tell them that when you park up at night you will be doing so at a location where there are suitable facilities - and note ‘tell’, not ‘ask’.

So you’ve had some good advice mate including advising you to stand up for yourself.
So what do you intend to do?
Are you going to put in a constructive complaint back at base, telling them you are not prepared to repeat this.
Or…
Are you going to do Jack all, and just let them carry on?

Yep, it’s time to move on mate, they sound a right shower of pish to work for.

Hope you were in direct view of the car park cctv, and poked a respectable semi out the door for a piddle in the middle of the night :smiling_imp:

Imagine this scenario instead, you’re en route somewhere and it’s getting to that time of day, look on your proper map for suitable alternative not so busy route, my favourites were lesser A roads or good B roads unless i knew of out of the way industrial areas, but the things any good ■■■■■■■■■■■■ would have in common, it would be quiet, as safe as is reasonable to guess, and within walking distance of a pub which does food.
Bingo, a proper night out, get away from the bloody lorry for a few hours and recharge your normal person batteries, bite to eat, pint to wash it down, maybe two even, if no bugger to talk to fetch that decent novel out of your pocket and just enjoy some peace and quiet for a few hours.

Alternative, if you prefer self catering, then in some ways even better, you can get find somewhere right out the way, if a pleasant evening get you deck chair out and crack open a bottle to enjoy with your dinner in the evening sun.

There you go, now don’t either of those scenarios beat the hell out of all that bloody rushing about, and for Heaven’s sake don’t let bloody planners tell you where you should park, that’s got sod all to do with them.

Spring and summer nights coming, this is the time of year to enjoy nights out.

Why let the office know where youre parking overnight? Its entirely up to you, theyre not driving the truck, you are! Some office cabbage going home to a hot meal and a hot bath denying you the same needs to be ignored. Jack in when you get back and just move on…

I had the same with previous company got questioned why I stopped at certain places and tried telling me where and when I need to take breaks so as a newbie it’s let it fly for 2 weeks till I told them to stick it up ones a** and got a job next day with a company that treats me like I’m a adult and left to get on with the job then I call to find out reload details and make my own arrangements for parking up. There is better jobs out there me personally as soon as you are parked up at night get on phone to local companies and see what jobs are available

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Juddian:
Yep, it’s time to move on mate, they sound a right shower of pish to work for.

Hope you were in direct view of the car park cctv, and poked a respectable semi out the door for a piddle in the middle of the night :smiling_imp:

Imagine this scenario instead, you’re en route somewhere and it’s getting to that time of day, look on your proper map for suitable alternative not so busy route, my favourites were lesser A roads or good B roads unless i knew of out of the way industrial areas, but the things any good ■■■■■■■■■■■■ would have in common, it would be quiet, as safe as is reasonable to guess, and within walking distance of a pub which does food.
Bingo, a proper night out, get away from the bloody lorry for a few hours and recharge your normal person batteries, bite to eat, pint to wash it down, maybe two even, if no bugger to talk to fetch that decent novel out of your pocket and just enjoy some peace and quiet for a few hours.

Alternative, if you prefer self catering, then in some ways even better, you can get find somewhere right out the way, if a pleasant evening get you deck chair out and crack open a bottle to enjoy with your dinner in the evening sun.

There you go, now don’t either of those scenarios beat the hell out of all that bloody rushing about, and for Heaven’s sake don’t let bloody planners tell you where you should park, that’s got sod all to do with them.

Spring and summer nights coming, this is the time of year to enjoy nights out.

You were doing so well, and I was with you all the way…until you mentioned the BINGO :open_mouth:
:wink: :laughing: