Shunters thrown dummy out Pram

:smiley: :smiley: , so arrives at one of our depots , 1st time so no one about so parks it in a bay , finished for day , so gets a shower and settles down for a read of paper , 30 mins or so later the shunter commes screaming up and shouts , yes shouts your not stopping there for the night , yep why , you canā€™t youā€™ll have too move , I canā€™t Iā€™m now out of hours , right Iā€™m zb locking your tri off , so he locks it off and shouts report too office in morn :laughing: , so rings up my office and tells them , well there are signs up everywhere saying you must drop the tri and park the unit up separately :exclamation: , but heā€™s not on about that heā€™s saying I canā€™t park where Iā€™m parked but itā€™s the first time Iā€™ve been here , there was no- one about , and there are no other parking spaces , the bloody night shift shunters there are a pain in the bloody ā– ā– ā–  , are you in the wAy , no , .
Right in the morn go into the office and ask them if they will remove the castel, then just put it in the services from now on , but donā€™t get involved in any arguments .
Why do 99% of shunters have a bloody big chip on there shoulders , I mean sticking a castle nut on :laughing: , the blokes a bloody idiot , thereā€™s a way of talking to people and shouting wonā€™t get you any cooperation , never a dull moment in this job

:unamused:

It must be you, never had an issue but I wouldnā€™t Park up in a yard Iā€™ve never been in before without asking. but I try to avoid grief, unlike you. :smiley:

It would indeed appear that he should have thrown a certain dummy out of a large pram. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :unamused:

You were out of hours and refused to move so he put something on your trailer so you couldnā€™t move? Not the sharpest file in the drawer was he?

Was this a 3rd party company or your own yard? You let an aggrieved third party company ā€œshunterā€ interfere with the running gear of your trailer whilst you were on rest? Should have told him to get get the ā– ā– ā– ā–  off. Yard gestapo small brains, big egos arenā€™t dvsa.

If it was your own, just laugh. Firm shooting themselves in the foot locking off their own motor to make a point.

Sometimes wonder if life would be better if some mothers had left the dummy iin the pram and threw the baby out :smiley:

.Pictures are also covered by the rules on language. Colingl

I find shunters can go 1 of 2 ways with not much in between. There are the ones who are no better than jumped up security/goods in staff and try and find a reason to have a go at visiting drivers for anything and be generally as grumpy as they can. Then thereā€™s ones who totally pleasant and happy and happy to help if you ask them a question or park somewhere you shouldnā€™t be, they will explain what to do in a civilised manner.

dozy:
Why do 99% of shunters have a bloody big chip on there shoulders , b

Because they have to deal day in and day out with morons like you Dozy!

You asked for that. Iā€™d like to say Iā€™m sorry for typing it but I would be lying.

the nodding donkey:
.Pictures are also covered by the rules on language. Colingl

simcor:

dozy:
Why do 99% of shunters have a bloody big chip on there shoulders , b

Because they have to deal day in and day out with morons like you Dozy!

You asked for that. Iā€™d like to say Iā€™m sorry for typing it but I would be lying.

No way are 99/100 shunters. Being subjected to drivers like dozyā€¦ surely this shunters was given a heads up this troll was coming

Meanwhile on shuntnetuk.com

Had some half wit pull into my yard tonight and heā€™s only gone and parked up on a bay without checking.

I asked him if he was stopping there to which he said ā€œyepā€

Told him Iā€™m not having that and locked his trailer off and said he better report to the office in the morning.

Drivers know they are not allowed to park under trailers on the bay overnight.

Anyone else had the pleasure of dozy drivers like this?

Freight Dog:
You were out of hours and refused to move so he put something on your trailer so you couldnā€™t move? Not the sharpest file in the drawer was he?

Was this a 3rd party company or your own yard? You let an aggrieved third party company ā€œshunterā€ interfere with the running gear of your trailer whilst you were on rest? Should have told him to get get the [zb] off. Yard gestapo small brains, big egos arenā€™t dvsa.

If it was your own, just laugh. Firm shooting themselves in the foot locking off their own motor to make a point.

And the award for empty skulled shunter of the year goes toā€¦ :grimacing:

No one of our yards , went too office and he just said grab a shunter ( day shift ) and he just took it off , did say I was putting a complaint in about that idiot shunter reving his engine , racing about all night though :unamused: zb school kid
In services tonight , Ā£28 :exclamation: :exclamation: , a few of them will have them sorting out that shunter :laughing:

Got to love these shunters, yard speed limit 5mph, trucks hazard lights on, but Shunter flies around flat out burning rubber like Jenson Button first off the grid .
Some act like they own the company .
Welcome to Shuntnet.UK.

toby1234abc:
Got to love these shunters, yard speed limit 5mph, trucks hazard lights on, but Shunter flies around flat out burning rubber like Jenson Button first off the grid .
Some act like they own the company .
Welcome to Shuntnet.UK.

I love hitting 25mph+ whilst chasing a driver to tell him to slow downā€¦ As long as we donā€™t speed in front of the offices, we get away with it.

Canā€™t park that there drive.

Donā€™t forget to unclip those curtains drive.

And donā€™t ask me where a particular trailer is parked. They all have a number on the front and back. For you to look for.

I do particularly enjoy plotseling van taal te veranderen, as er weer zoā€™n Engelse vrachtauto binnenkomt, met een chauffeur die geen Engelse spreekt. Het kantoor is dan altijd aan de andere kantā€¦

Er zijn een of twee tussen ons die nederlandstalig zijn.