Throwing the toys out of the pram

Childish and immature, but a driver has kicked off as he did not get a newer truck, due to a few drivers leaving to other firms.The theory is on a first come, first served basis, so you have to wait your turn for an upgrade, but according this Muppet, he feels that he does not have to wait and wants to jump the queue of the long service drivers, and this guy has only been there for a few months.
He piped up that he is a trained mechanic and it is in the interest of his employer that he gets the newer lorry so he can fix it himself or call somebody that can help him out.
The second reason is that if he has the newer one, when the make and model of the fleet will change in a few months, he will not have to take all his kit out to transfer to those different models.
The third reason, when the new fleet arrives, he says the beds are too narrow and he will not fit in the bunk and the microwave will take 17 minutes to heat his pies and pasties, and drain his batteries, and will have to eat them when the engine is running to save the battery.
Any advice what to say to this Muppet would be greatly appreciated and used against him.

Why should he jump the queue? Tell him to wind his neck in. Whether he gets a new one now or next lot he’s only got to move his kit over once :unamused:

As for being able to “fix it himself”, a new truck shouldn’t need fixing! Sounds like a whingebag of the highest order tbh, if I was the boss I’d give him the ■■■■■■■■■ oldest truck on the fleet and hope he leaves :grimacing: :grimacing:

i would give him an old erf unit with no night heater and an eton twin split gear box

as for a micro wave i would shove his knob in it and hope the batteries dont die out while its cooking.

talking of bellends and new trucks

there is a radio advert i heard the other day from an agency trying to tempt drivers and there first thing to highlight about the contract they now have is the fact the company has a new fleet of volvos

are you tied of working with old trucks ? then come along to us and drive a brand new fleet blah blah blah rubbish is the advert

no mention of how much the job pays or how many hours or even what the runs are like, you know in my day those things were far more important than if the trucks are new or not as i wanted an easy job for the most money for the less hours or effort

Seventeen minutes to heat his pies and pasties■■? Beds too narrow■■? Sounds like someone needs to go on a diet… :open_mouth:

All your transport manager needs to do is have a word in the office with him. “Sorry lad, there’s no easy way to say this, but the newer trucks are for the slender, more attractive drivers”. :wink:

I drive a 63 plate hire truck at the moment. In 2 weeks I may be in a 59 plate company truck. I couldn’t give a toss!

Tell him to become an owner driver, problem solved. Then ■■■■ in is coffee cup :wink:

Toby, you need to take him under your wing and teach him everything you know. With your mentoring he’ll be eating dinner at the Mayor’s every night before long.

He would soon moan if got allocated a Volvo FL 10 nick named Wendy Houses, to get dressed, you would have to go outside .
No pleasing some folks, he should have the ERF Eaton twin splitter day cab on nights out and sleep in the trailer or on a plank of wood, soon be moaning then .

desypete:
i would give him an old erf unit with no night heater and an eton twin split gear box

as for a micro wave i would shove his knob in it and hope the batteries dont die out while its cooking.

talking of bellends and new trucks

there is a radio advert i heard the other day from an agency trying to tempt drivers and there first thing to highlight about the contract they now have is the fact the company has a new fleet of volvos

are you tied of working with old trucks ? then come along to us and drive a brand new fleet blah blah blah rubbish is the advert

no mention of how much the job pays or how many hours or even what the runs are like, you know in my day those things were far more important than if the trucks are new or not as i wanted an easy job for the most money for the less hours or effort

Erf twin splitter that’s a treat not a punishment ,give him a daf with a synchromesh that’s punishment !

being a trained mechanic it would make most sense for him to have the oldest most unreliable truck in the yard

del949:
being a trained mechanic it would make most sense for him to have the oldest most unreliable truck in the yard

exactly! give him the ‘punishment truck’ :laughing:

Never liked to have new motors.
Prefer someone else to have them and let them put the battle scrars on the things first.

Personally I wouldn’t say anything to him, I try to avoid the yard idiots as much as possible, and I’d make sure he knew that.

Ignore the twit & and give him the silent treatment,
As for the ERF idea - he don’t deserve it, they are for proper drivers, not nancy boys

I drive a 53 Daf manual with curtains to match the syncro. Goes like stink, fastest in the yard. Will be sad to see it go at the end of year 'coz I’ll be getting the next newest wagon, a 57 auto two pedal pile of ■■■. He can jump the queue at my place if he likes, so I can keep my truck :smiley:

A new unit would be my worst nightmare a little scratch would stand out like a sore thumb whereas on mine another dent wouldn’t be noticeable. So long as it’s nice and clean inside and it goes alright I’m happy. I can just imagine the joy of taking a new unit to Brett’s at Loughborough and having a thorn hedge scrawk down the side as I try and get past another truck I meet.

I’ve got one of our oldest XFs in the yard - a 12 plate, but I’m happy with it and from what I’ve been told it’s pretty fast too :laughing: :laughing:
Anyway, our permanent agency drivers get there own units as well and one has a 64 plate XF but I’m not ■■■■■■ off about because a truck is a truck :wink:
Though I take the ■■■■ out of our rigid drivers :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Steve66:
Prefer someone else to have them and let them put the battle scrars on the things first.

That way people don’t notice a ding or two that you put in!

A truck is a tool of the job. Curtain hiders and xmas tree lighters need to realise this.

Drive it, deliver it, collect it, then go home to what is important.

get a life

Radar19:

Steve66:

That way people don’t notice a ding or two that you put in!

:wink: