cheers driver

if anyone knows a driver from Viamaster who was at B+Q/ wincantons in coventry this morning at roughly 720 am ish

then tell him thanks for me after pulling the tatty K transport 6 wheel wagon i was driving so I could get it started after the starter motor jammed

asked their shunter and he wasnt bothered just the usual cheery " not my job now naff orff"

once again cheers chap and hope you enjoyed yer coffee

Andy

currently sat waiting for our fitter to come out and fix it after it stopped again out side unipart lol

blimey you was lucky mate, there’s probably only 3 or 4 decent drivers left at viamaster, what was he driving,

You were lucky there Andy, what is it with shunters? I’ve never come across a more awkward spieces in my life, they’re either hiding when you need them to move something or get info from them or getting in your way as much as possible when you’re trying to get around ‘their’ yard :unamused:

I don’t know why we even recognise them as drivers, they’re not, they’re too scared to get out on the road so they drive around in circles all day giving it the big’un to PROPER lorry drivers, trying to prove that they’re real men & not really too scared to go out on the road :blush:

i’m a driver newmercman who has just spent the last week covering on the shunter for the regular man. i’ve never been near one before this in over twenty years of driving and i now have a different outlook on there job, true there may be a small minority who go out of their way to be akward but having had to deal and listen to some of the ■■■■■■■■■ who have arrived in our yard this week i can’t say as i blame them. suggest you give it ago it certainly is an eyeopener as to how supposed profesional drivers treat fellow workers, i won’t be rushing to do it again i’m not the most diplomatic and a smack in the mouth to the driver who who thought he could call me whatever he wanted caused him great offence and me alot of grief with management.

grahamzx6r:
blimey you was lucky mate, there’s probably only 3 or 4 decent drivers left at viamaster, what was he driving,

was a volvo of some description lol had a knights of old trailer on if that helps

Andydisco:

grahamzx6r:

was a volvo of some description lol had a knights of old trailer on if that helps

I pull started a 7.5t in carnforth the other year. I was about the tenth driver they had asked

Nice work Asus!

Silver_Surfer:
Nice work Asus!

Agreed, bet the … erm … [zb] wont talk to a shunter like that again.
Well not till next week anyway :slight_smile:

Andydisco:

grahamzx6r:

A “true knight of the road” then, not many about in this day and “age” (I know coat, hat, taxi! :blush: )