Im back.

Well after an arguement with my steelwork boss who on friday accused me of this,that and the other,which I had’nt done,and saying if you dont like it ■■■■ off back lorry driving, :angry:
After an absence of 4 months and with a heavily pregnant missus, I will be ■■■■■■■ off back lorry driving in less than 2 weeks. :smiley: :smiley: :open_mouth:
I have a job with Deben Transport (yes)pulling big bad mother trucking boxes out of Southampton
Money dont look too good,but it’ll do for now
(Any info greatly appreciated)

The End

Wont hanbury take you back on?

Gurner:
Wont hanbury take you back on?

Tried them first,nothing going at the moment(or so they say :laughing: )

Aren’t Debens owned by Carters now anyway? :bulb:

I’ve never been employed by them, but I’ve subbed to Debens in the past, although they’ve got rid of 90% of their Southampton office staff since then and certainly used to be run from the main yard at Felixstowe. Will be interested to hear how it’s changed, but they used to be a good lot.

Say “hi” to Andy the nightman (if he’s still there) from Lucy who used to have one of Martin Wills wagons and then went on for TEPS. Don’t know if he’ll remember me, it’s been a couple of years, but tell him I 'm expecting coffee and hobnobs next time I’m down, might jog his memory!!! :wink:
Also ask him to pass on my regards to Louey if you could please.

Lucy:
Aren’t Debens owned by Carters now anyway? :bulb:

I’ve never been employed by them, but I’ve subbed to Debens in the past, although they’ve got rid of 90% of their Southampton office staff since then and certainly used to be run from the main yard at Felixstowe. Will be interested to hear how it’s changed, but they used to be a good lot.

Say “hi” to Andy the nightman (if he’s still there) from Lucy who used to have one of Martin Wills wagons and then went on for TEPS. Don’t know if he’ll remember me, it’s been a couple of years, but tell him I 'm expecting coffee and hobnobs next time I’m down, might jog his memory!!! :wink:
Also ask him to pass on my regards to Louey if you could please.

The TM at Debens is called Andy ,apparently just taken over the job,dont know whether he held another position for them or not.
I will be sure to pass on your message if possible Lucy :wink:
The Happy Crew at HCD said that Debens were good,so hopefully it will go well,I just hope they’re as good as Hanbury’s.
Will be getting a TGA which I have driven and crashed at Hanbury’s so at least I’ll be used to the truck with my 7 months of knowledge,probably a bit rusty after 4 months off though :unamused:
Im sure to keep you all posted

Oh and as far as I know Carters do own Debens.But my offer of employment came on Deben headed paper with no mention of CEL group or Carters on there so im a bit :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Might be the same guy…he was a driver for them for ages, only took over the nights when Louey retired. If he’s been promoted then you’ll be alright. he’s a cracking bloke.
They screwed up ages ago because they had 2 TMs in there and told them that one had to be reduntant, then left them to sort it out amongst themselves which one it’d be. :open_mouth:
Backfired neatly. They both left for pastures new and paycheques bigger. :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

For a while there was only /Andy the night man, who’s main job was defending a Chinese from passing subbies with the munchies and no money ( :blush: ), issuing night-out references, and generally keeping us all in good spirits…and their dozy old fitter (forget his name but I can picture his face) who no longer had anything to do because the work was all contracted out, but had been there so long that it was cheaper to let him see his time out to retirement than pay him off (allegedly). Don’t know if he’s gone yet…if not, he’s got a, er, unique manner, but is another nice bloke once you get to know him. :grimacing:

Who’s left at HCD these days? It ws Claire, Ken and Mark when I was on there, but Claire went off to have a baby (as in Claire the missus of Lee at Hanburys), and Mark went to Matsui…I heard Ken was still in residence though, along with Phil the gaffer.

Shouldn’t worry about the 4 months off. I’ve just gone back after a similar break (hence posting this - on days for the first 2 weeks to break in gently before going back tramping) and been fine, albeit with 5 yrs driving before that. It’s like riding a bike, trust me. Wierd being home at night though…:wink:

Talking of which, must run, I’m now late!!! :blush:

Good luck bikemonkey :smiley: