HuHuHaHahoHoooo

Anyone knows of a distributions Centre you argue with the Shunter where and how to park or drop trailer?
:stuck_out_tongue:

Just hang in there mate, the men in white coats will be there soon :slight_smile:

Lovlyperson:
Anyone knows of a distributions Centre you argue with the Shunter where and how to park or drop trailer?

Never argue with the shunter as he has good reasons to want a trailer in a certain place, at a certain time (normally to make his job easier)
He can though make your job more difficult if he so chooses. :wink:

Lycanthrope:
Just hang in there mate, the men in white coats will be there soon :slight_smile:

Hopefully :unamused: :unamused:

Dodgy Permit:

Lovlyperson:

Never argue with the shunter as he has good reasons to want a trailer in a certain place, at a certain time (normally to make his job easier)
He can though make your job more difficult if he so chooses. :wink:

Agree 100% :sunglasses:

First at all i dont know why to wait for a Baker
and second
You are all wrong :exclamation:
Thurock Tsco driver introtuced a new System in Welham Green.
Didnt go well at beginning as the Trailers,Thurrock drivers choosen to take back were often loaded with cardboard with a few enpty Cages on the back,but thats sorted out now.
Now,not even to Suzi-lock or un-lock cant Shunter anymore if Thurrock driver dis-agrees.
Dont know why Thurrock Office has that much Power over other Tesco DC’s

Could someone decipher this please

I am here: maps.google.com/maps?ll=55.928610,-3.269596
Been told I can’t use my signature by some elitist ■■■■■■

Lovlyperson:
First at all i dont know why to wait for a Baker
and second
You are all wrong :exclamation:
Thurock Tsco driver introtuced a new System in Welham Green.
Didnt go well at beginning as the Trailers,Thurrock drivers choosen to take back were often loaded with cardboard with a few enpty Cages on the back,but thats sorted out now.
Now,not even to Suzi-lock or un-lock cant Shunter anymore if Thurrock driver dis-agrees.
Dont know why Thurrock Office has that much Power over other Tesco DC’s

Is it legal, what you’re taking??

:open_mouth: what ?

Lovlyperson:

I always confuse them. Generally they never shout at you if you’re picking one up, its only when you’re dropping one off. So when i get the…you can’t leave that there or someother nonesense, then i just answer…i know, i’m picking it up. They usually drive off scratching there head. Or, tell them its a special extra and you have been told to leave it there and you have some paperwork for them, they usually just say ok just drop it and take the paperwork in yourself. Its easy to get rid of shunters !!!

Used to run trailers into Lynx @ Nuneaton 3 nights a week loaded with car parts.
Was always the same procedure,was told at gatehouse “back onto bay whatever” and we always used to stay coupled until the load was tipped, then ■■■■ off unlike their own motors which dropped the trailer and the shunters put them on and off the bays.
One night,reversed onto bay and was sat in the cab when Mr shunter pulls up and shouts"what the ■■■■ are you doing coupled up on the bay"
“having a break” was my reply.
He proceded to tell me to drop the trailer, go to the parking area and he would bring the trailer around when tipped,which i thought was strange but complied with his orders .
About half hour later came to tell me to collect the trailer .
“Why is that then mate”? i asked.
“Because we havent got any palm couplings”
Turns out it it was his first shift on an agency . . i suppose i could have tried telling him to use the shunt button but couldnt be arsed.
With hindsight ime suprised he didnt drag it around with the brakes on.
Ho hum.

First at all i dont know why to wait for a Banker, and second, You are all wrong.

Tesco Thurock introtuced a new System in Welham Green which didn’t go well at beginning as the trailers the Thurrock drivers chose to take back were often loaded with cardboard with a few enpty Cages on the back,but thats sorted out now.

Now,not even to Suzi-lock or un-lock cant Shunter anymore if Thurrock driver dis-agrees. - [that got me]

Dont know why Thurrock Office has that much power over other Tesco DC’s

A whorst place to stay is ReedBoardall, do not ask driver or shunters. Park up, out of way, get a pager, other way they come back , before your booking time.

shunter drivers are usually good men, why argue with them?
they usually have more experience than you, me, or any other driver in the yard.

Having briefly done the shunter job at Tossco at Barlborough and Goole, a few things:

The shunter typically does 70 or 80 trailer movements in a 12 hr shift but that is actually 11hrs with breaks but in that 11 hrs he also has other duties. So there’s maybe 10hrs to do 80 trailer movements. Sounds a lot but when it takes over 2 minutes to drive the length of Goole RDC without speeding and nearly 5 minutes to do a circuit, a trailer movement can take well over 5 minutes.

As well as putting trailers on bays and in the park they will be also taking them to and from the workshops and putting containers on bays too.

In addition at Tossco the shunters have to get the fuel level reading off the fuel pumps once a shift and every few hours go round and fill in a sheet with how many trailers there are and also doing an empty cage count - all which goes on a sheet that then goes back to the traffic office. They also have to do the same with the service stickers attached to trailers at the beginning and end of shift, moving trailers due a service that week onto the VOR park or making sure it gets loaded for another RDC so they end up doing it :wink: . Once a week a shunter used to be given the task of doing unit inspections on a weekend completing a check sheet for each vehicle and also downloading every single digi tacho head - when I used to do it at Barlborough that would take up a few hours.

Onto trailer parks. Whilst you may not understand why you can’t put your trailer in that first empty space you come to but have to use one at the other end of the yard there’s a reason. The trailer park is divided into sections.

Empty trailers
Trailers with empty cages
Loaded trailers which will usually then be split into single deck and double deck
Trailers with ongoing loads.
VOR

So when you come into the yard with a trailer full of empty cages on, they’ll want you to put that trailer in a specific spot to make their lives easier when doing the checks or trying to find a trailer with empty cages on when the warehouse say they want one.

One way shunters get their revenge on arsey drivers is drop the trailer on its knees or drop it in the air or just to not bother reporting a flat or bald tyre to the traffic office so that when the driver comes in, he finds it and has to waste an hour dealing with it. And there’s always the classic - “you’ve not got it on the bay right, can you move it over a couple of inches?”

limeyphil:
shunter drivers are usually good men, why argue with them?
they usually have more experience than you, me, or any other driver in the yard.

+1 ex shunter Reality Blackpole Worcester :wink: