Staggered breaks

It’s 2017 and 99 % of the place you go they still have 10-10.30 as a total shutdown , every forkie zb off for 30 mins , 30 mins wasted , you tell the yard foreman he could improve productivity by putting his girlies on staggered breaks and his answer is go and wait in your truck , imagine if all Lorry drivers stopped from 10-10.30 for a break ,12-1 for dinner , zb hell they’d be soon moaning there yard idiots have nothing too do , yet it’s fine for us too stand round twiddling our thumbs for 30 mins , jobs a bloody shambles

Not everyone is daft enough to work in an industry in which it is virtually taken for granted that workers will be on the go for four and a half to six hours without any sort of break. With rest breaks, start times and meals taken at such irregular times It is hardly surprising that drivers are such an unhealthy lot.

starting to wonder if you ever think before you post…

said forkies start at the same time day in day out, of course their breaks will be the same time daily.

I saw some swans eating grass in a field today…how interesting was that :unamused:

dieseldog999:
I saw some swans eating grass in a field today…how interesting was that :unamused:

Not anymore Johnny flip flop has got them for breakfast

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

mdourish:

dieseldog999:

Not anymore Johnny flip flop has got them for breakfast

thatl make a change from carp and cabbage then :smiley:

Jesus, do you ever stop whinging? Give it a rest

How long before the next winge

dieseldog999:

That’ll be Clevedon as they’re there every year :smiley:

You certainly stand up to your name DOZY do you ever put your brain into gear before posting
Most forkies / warehose workers will probably work shift 6-2 / 2-10 /10-6 their canteen facilities open accordingly to accomodate the breaks,not just to ■■■■ Dozy drivers off
Bet it was a Friday a Dozy rush to get home day.

That’s a minute wasted reading this thread :unamused:

mdourish:

30 minutes. He’s on a break [emoji4]

lizard:

mdourish:

30 minutes. He’s on a break [emoji4]

Maybe he is rewriting a new law where warehouse workers are not allowed to take a break until he is unloaded/loaded if they do they face the jury on here or a week with dozy

bald bloke:

dieseldog999:

actually it was in northern ireland at toombebridge mabey they have relatives in clevedon or possibly they work shifts? they must have been on their teabreak when i passed as they were all standing around eating grass.i didnt see any of them on forklifts though…this post has really taken a turn for the better now with all this interesting stuff instead of the original pish… :smiley:

dieseldog999:

bald bloke:

dieseldog999:

actually it was in northern ireland at toombebridge mabey they have relatives in clevedon or possibly they work shifts? they must have been on their teabreak when i passed as they were all standing around eating grass.i didnt see any of them on forklifts though…this post has really taken a turn for the better now with all this interesting stuff instead of the original pish… :smiley:

That would depend on wether they were English or Irish swans.

A few places I’ve been to do have staggered breaks. Downside is that the unloading takes a bit longer sometimes because not enough people etc but it’s a slow tick over for a couple of hours rather than a sudden stop for 30 minutes. I don’t know which way would be better in that respect. Sudden stop and catch up vs slow for 2 hours■■?

Personally I prefer something rather than nothing.

You’ve already left one job where they had you jumping through hoops and going like a ■■■■ idiot.
Chill out dozy ffs, take stuff in your stride and stop stressing about every ■■■■ thing. :unamused:
You should be looking forward to your first heart attack if you continue like this, it’s just a job ffs, slow it down, you do not have to do it this way, cool it a bit …and you may even start to enjoy it. :bulb:

robroy:
You’ve already left one job where they had you jumping through hoops and going like a [zb] idiot.
Chill out dozy ffs, take stuff in your stride and stop stressing about every [zb] thing. :unamused:
You should be looking forward to your first heart attack if you continue like this, it’s just a job ffs, slow it down, you do not have to do it this way, cool it a bit …and you may even start to enjoy it. :bulb:

15355826_10211583035955636_7419449881923543817_n.jpg