Clarity needed please

Will keep this short. Drove for 4.20hrs yesterday and stopped for a 45. drove for 25mins and took another 15 so that if i needed to stop on return journey id only need a 30. Got told i cant do this as you need to drive or other work for 1hr before taking another break . Anyone ever heard of this ?.

Was the persons name Billy bull ?
As long as you’ve driven for 1 minute then a break will count

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope not true. Kick whoever told you this in the spuds!

blue estate:
Was the persons name Billy bull ?
As long as you’ve driven for 1 minute then a break will count

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly as i thought , but had two other guys at one of our depots telling me this.Had never heard such tripe before but thought id check it out.

toonsy:
Nope not true. Kick whoever told you this in the spuds!

Oh yes, spuds will be kicked tonight. wish id put money on it now.

Mornington…

Crescent!

yourhavingalarf:
Mornington…

Crescent!

Class.

-:slight_smile:

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

An hour!? A minute will do.

Get in, pop card in, do your walk around… Move your truck a bit closer to the kettle and put it on 15 in while you make a brew and moan about roadworks somewhere. Then you can drive for 4h29. Stop for 30 mins, drive for another 4h30 if you wish.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

When I was on Palletforce, I used to pull over in a layby for 15 minutes five minutes after leaving the depot most mornings. Time to check paperwork, maybe tighten a strap or two and have a coffee before getting stuck into the Birmingham traffic. That meant that I only needed a 30-minute break in the middle of the day if time was getting tight (most days I took an hour).

One of the old-timers tried to convince me that it was illegal, but when I challenged him to prove it, he backed down.

So my boss/owner operator has it in his head that of you extend to 10 hrs drive then you cannot reduce your daily rest, and must book 11 hrs off.

Know I’m pretty certain this is rubbish and I just don’t know where these ideas come from, or at least why you listen to waiting room drivvel and take it as gospel

It’s great sometimes as his memory is shocking , and I can use it to my advantage… if I want a lie in then yes boss, I’ve extended my driving must book 11 off. If not then carry on regarless

The delusional state of those in charge always amuses me. At our firm we have lorries that can’t be overloaded.
Super duper axles on them!

Chillidoritos:
The delusional state of those in charge always amuses me. At our firm we have lorries that can’t be overloaded.
Super duper axles on them!

:laughing: My TM hasn’t even got 7.5 ton licence but he knows all about HGV’s and tacho rules :unamused:

Mine has been planning our loads and routes for 3 years and just failed his theory.