Rest Breaks

How would you like them

12 hours on 12 hour off with a minimum 1 hour break to be taken before 5 hours driving.

Are you talking about driving breaks or working time breaks or both ?

clicked something else …

no more than 15 mins work without a 30 min break :grimacing:

nick2008:
clicked something else …

no more than 15 mins work without a 30 min break :grimacing:

Piad through as well, you should be pm mate, defo get my vote:lol:

Bring back splitting 45s into 3 x 15! Ok, so admittedly it was people like me who slipped them in while doing paperwork/sat in a dock queue/running to the bog that ensured they got scrapped…

12 on 12 off over the day would be my preference as well, btw.

Lucy:
Bring back splitting 45s into 3 x 15! Ok, so admittedly it was people like me who slipped them in while doing paperwork/sat in a dock queue/running to the bog that ensured they got scrapped…

This. Used to work well on tipper work, especially if you’re in an 8wheeler and it’s a Dinky toy loading.

Bin the WTD breaks too. Twice last week had to take a half hour break before I could go home. Adding half an hour to a shift just because I would go over 6 hours between fuelling up and booking off

breaks from working full stop
how long should you be on duty before
having a brew

The only ones who want to keep it the same // are worried about the infringements if it changed :smiley: :smiley:

scanny77:
Bin the WTD breaks too. Twice last week had to take a half hour break before I could go home. Adding half an hour to a shift just because I would go over 6 hours between fuelling up and booking off

15 mins would do, wouldn’t it?

1968kg:

Not if he did a 10 hour day and only had a 15 min break previously and did less than 4.5 hours driving it wouldn’t.
But in his case it sounds like 15 would suffice.

hitch:
How would you like them

With fries please :smiley:

bald bloke:

1968kg:

Not if he did a 10 hour day and only had a 15 min break previously and did less than 4.5 hours driving it wouldn’t.
But in his case it sounds like 15 would suffice.

Fuelled up under 6 hours but getting company transport to the other depot (where I start/finish) is likely to take me over 6 hours and i refuse to manual entry a break

scanny77:
i refuse to manual entry a break

Why? :confused:

1968kg:

scanny77:

Doesn’t sound like it would. He would have been under 6 hours, so no break required, but he just went over the 6 hours between fuelling and booking off and therefore required 30 minutes before the end of the shift for a shift with between 6 and 9 hours work.

Lucy:

scanny77:
i refuse to manual entry a break

Why? :confused:

It would look suspicious to me! Break in a truck, card taken out, manual entry the rest of the shift. Or card out, manual entry a break and the rest of the shift. Having the card in eliminates any doubt of falsification

I tried to do a manual entry some years ago when they first came out and made a right ■■■■ up of it, since then I’ve never done one either.

When card comes out I’ve finished, when it goes in I’ve started! Even changing trucks, card out (check clock) other truck (check clock) card in…done.

dri-diddly-iver:
I tried to do a manual entry some years ago when they first came out and made a right ■■■■ up of it, since then I’ve never done one either.

When card comes out I’ve finished, when it goes in I’ve started! Even changing trucks, card out (check clock) other truck (check clock) card in…done.

I decided before it was to much for me when swapping into another unit which was digi after getting out of an analog that i just chucked the card in and drove.

dri-diddly-iver:

+1 thats all thats ever needed…why do more for the sake of it…never have done a manual since i found out it wasnt required.its easier taking the odd question now and again as if it matters…