Forkies !

Don’t you just love 'em ?

I had 40 euro’s/double stacked (so only 20 lifts) on board earlier, got to Mawdsley’s, Doncaster & the Forkie messed about making room for them, them he proceeded to unload 18 lifts before deciding to ‘F’ off to Lunch, without a word !

WTF is wrong with these people ?
2 more minutes & I would have been on my way. As it happened one if his ‘More Helpful’ mates finished unloading me & I got under way before Knob Nuts got back off his dinner break !

I vote that we should Treat this type of Forkie with the Contempt they deserve, kick 'em at every opportunity & call them Nasty Names to make them Cry !

I don’t mind them going on their break but they could at least tell you & let you know how long they’ll be! I hate it when they just disappear.

A bit of common sense would be nice but in some places they may not let them start the break 5 mins late & take 5 mins after so I can understand them downing tools. Anywhere I’ve worked it’s been cane the work while it’s there & take it easy when you can get it in.

Yeah but it is taking the ■■■■ a bit when he has only got 2 lifts left don’t ya think SS? :wink:

Martin were you s/b M6 near the M5 split at around 3pm today?

Should have shut the curtains whe he came back, and then if you were blocking their yard, stick it on break, and tell him you’ll be back in 45.

Ken.

the maoster:
Martin were you s/b M6 near the M5 split at around 3pm today?

No, I was sat on Alexandra Dock, Hull at 3pm, waiting for a back load. (Another Forkie Classic ! I waited 3 hours to get loaded, then they Chucked 20 tons of Timber on me & told me to hurry up because the office is closing !!! I strapped it & secured my curtains first & made them wait !)

A few of ours get up that way around ‘Brum’ & beyond most days.

Quinny:
Should have shut the curtains whe he came back, and then if you were blocking their yard, stick it on break, and tell him you’ll be back in 45.

Ken.

I was tempted, but had to get to Hull.

There’s a place i used to load at regular in Cradley Heath. It didn’t matter what time of day i turned up, He was going for his break.
I just laughed about it. I used to watch for him coming back sometimes and then pass him on my way to the brew room as he was on his way back “just going on my break”. I’d only go and make a brew, But he wouldn’t move an inch until i came back. :laughing: . He knew i’d only tell him he’d loaded it wrong. :laughing:

Fork drivers, almost to a man in my experience, are sad, ignorant chip-on-the-shoulder merchants who really do think they’ve scored a massive victory over their employer if they manage to toss five minutes off when they should be working. To some of them wasting time and finding excuses not to do things is their one and only focus when they’re at work.

As the OP says, treat them with the contempt they so richly deserve.

The forkies that think they are managing directors.I own the yard mentality.
Can you not read the sign they pipe up.Wait on the road until you are called in.
Disobey that, then in the naughty corner for punishment.
They have an attitude problem.You get the normal driver is on time,what took you so long,asleep in the layby.
Not booked in they say.
Late or too early.
Goods have not been ordered.
We have no room for your stuff.

How many of them seem to think that they are ‘Gods Gift’- Hero’s who think that they are the Best Fork Truck Drivers on the Planet, because they’ve just loaded an awkward top heavy pallet onto a wagon (it’s their Bloody Job !)
I just Humour them whilst making Obscene Gestures behind my back.

Ohh bit harsh chaps most forks I come across are alright you only get the odd knob, same with drivers.

When they say did you not see that small sign not to enter the yard, I say no I’m trying not to crash!

The old chap on the FLT in sidoli’s in Welshpool is one of the nicest guys you could ever wish to meet.

Yes because all lorry drivers are helpful, intresting ,clean funny ,and dont tell you what they,ve done all day and what time they,ve started!! :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: .
Most people in any job are in a mood when you toeing all day me included just get on with it ■■■■ happens everybody thinks that the world revoles round them and nothing will change.
■■■■ it its friday. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
P.S this does not inclued RDC staff there ■■■■■ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It is true that drivers have to tell strangers their weeks work pattern and where they have been.
Avoid eye contact when at fuel pumps or be there for 20 minutes listening to some life story and how many pallets at each drop…
We are like farmers.Do not speak to anyone all day, then the first face you see,you let it all out.
I tipped at a farm,the farmer said is daughter was going on tv for series about cancer.She had cancer.On that occasion i had to listen to him and felt obliged to hear his story.An hour later i left.
I have spoken to many men that have had tears in their eyes when speaking of their dilemas.

I’m a forkie. :frowning:
But as an ex driver, I tend to accommodate drivers where possible.

Having said that, our own drivers complain all the time.
Cage on headboard full of bags. Some for each drop. In front of cage, I put a pallet for drop 1. I get whinged at because he cant get at the cage. I pointed out that the pallet was drop one, but he insisted he had to have access to the cage.

I also had a driver complain because I put a drop 7 on top of a drop one. Drop one being a 750kg pallet of clay gullies. Drop 7 being a 3kg coil of pipe. Apparently it is too much effort to pick up the pipe while the gullys are being unloaded.

And they wonder why we call them Whingecanton.

At a place I used to work at the forkies would load six trailers at once inside the warehouse then the shunters (2 of them) would swop complete outfits over. When break time was approaching all six trailers would be conveniently at the same stage with just one pallet left to go on. Then when they came back from break the last pallet would go on each trailer, and they got another 15 minutes sat on forklifts whilst the shunters swopped everthing over. Anybody who has worked in Nether Heyford will be familiar with it

098Joe:
At a place I used to work at the forkies would load six trailers at once inside the warehouse then the shunters (2 of them) would swop complete outfits over. When break time was approaching all six trailers would be conveniently at the same stage with just one pallet left to go on. Then when they came back from break the last pallet would go on each trailer, and they got another 15 minutes sat on forklifts whilst the shunters swopped everthing over. Anybody who has worked in Nether Heyford will be familiar with it

Well if they wored for me they would be bollocked big time the foreman must be a ■■■■■■ :imp: :imp:

martinviking:
Don’t you just love 'em ?

I had 40 euro’s/double stacked (so only 20 lifts) on board earlier, got to Mawdsley’s, Doncaster & the Forkie messed about making room for them, them he proceeded to unload 18 lifts before deciding to ‘F’ off to Lunch, without a word !

WTF is wrong with these people ?
2 more minutes & I would have been on my way. As it happened one if his ‘More Helpful’ mates finished unloading me & I got under way before Knob Nuts got back off his dinner break !

I vote that we should Treat this type of Forkie with the Contempt they deserve, kick 'em at every opportunity & call them Nasty Names to make them Cry !

i had a chap do that once, they went that hard and fast onto the lorry they went to ram the pallet against the front bulkhead and stab the back of the cab with the fork lift tines, the have to cheek to blame me as the floor was wet at the back of the lorry , thus to say they paid in the end , and made the chap late going home

[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389368071.369040.jpg[/
attachment]

While we’re on the subject, this just happened, Euro Pallet of White Wine, I was sat in the cab, minding my own business when the Forkie blamed it on the Camber (they told me to park there, lol)

The Boss came out & was going into one about there being a years wages on the pallet !

I wouldn’t mind, but the miserable sods didn’t even give me a bottle, let alone thank me for helping them pick up ‘Their Mess’.

Don’t you just Love Forkies ?