Forkies !

098Joe:
When break time was approaching all six trailers would be conveniently at the same stage with just one pallet left to go on. Then when they came back from break the last pallet would go on each trailer, and they got another 15 minutes sat on forklifts whilst the shunters swopped everthing over.

Typical FLT driver behaviour.

martinviking:
…the Forkie blamed it on the Camber…

Again, typical FLT driver behaviour. Most of them seem to be programmed to grasp at any straw (or just tell outright lies) rather than put their hands up when something goes wrong.

That said it is often quite amusing to watch them in that period between a pallet going over and the supervisor arriving, when they’re panicking like proverbial… :smiley:

when I was doing stuff in work I was better then the forkie we had :laughing:
I only got the cert’s so I could keep company happy who paid for them
as I use it every few days to swap the add blue bulk tanks

BIG AW:

098Joe:
At a place I used to work at the forkies would load six trailers at once inside the warehouse then the shunters (2 of them) would swop complete outfits over. When break time was approaching all six trailers would be conveniently at the same stage with just one pallet left to go on. Then when they came back from break the last pallet would go on each trailer, and they got another 15 minutes sat on forklifts whilst the shunters swopped everthing over. Anybody who has worked in Nether Heyford will be familiar with it

Well if they wored for me they would be bollocked big time the foreman must be a ■■■■■■ :imp: :imp:

they were thick as thieves and also our customer so we just had to grin a bear it, but then make sure it was all recorded.

I have not not had a problem with forkies since driving truck with a moffet by the way!

Not being funny here, but the only difference between a forkie and a truck driver is the amount of money they’ve spent on their respective training, and that’s it. There’s as many thig as pig ■■■■ FLT drivers as there are HGV drivers and vice versa!

In my experience they’re a similar type of person and most HGV drivers I know were forklift truck drivers previously anyway.

For the purposes of impartiality, I’ve done (and still do) both.

p.s. 098joe do you mean Heygates or Wickes?

Forkie just had a little dig at me-
I was sat in the cab keeping warm & playing on my Iphone (it’s a hard life) waiting for Mr ‘Slow’ Forkie to unload 10 pallets off one side, when he’d done 8 of them I jumped out (using 3 points of contact-health & safety & all that) so I could hop up on the trailer to pump truck the other 10 across. He had to give it the “Oh, you’ve decided to come out into the cold then” Bolox.

I just replied “well I can’t see much point in me watching you take half an hour to get 10 pallets off, when I could be sitting in my nice warm cab”

‘Forkies’ you’ve gotta love 'em !

martinviking:
I was sat in the cab keeping warm & playing on my Iphone (it’s a hard life) waiting for Mr ‘Slow’ Forkie to unload 10 pallets off one side, when he’d done 8 of them I jumped out (using 3 points of contact-health & safety & all that) so I could hop up on the trailer to pump truck the other 10 across. He had to give it the “Oh, you’ve decided to come out into the cold then” Bolox.

I just replied “well I can’t see much point in me watching you take half an hour to get 10 pallets off, when I could be sitting in my nice warm cab”

Did he have a chuckle at your comeback? :grimacing:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

martinviking:

Did he have a chuckle at your comeback? :grimacing:

No, he’d lost the argument, when he realised that I was going to be in a nice warm cab all day & he was going to be on a ‘Cold Wet Miserable Open to the Elements’ Fork Truck all day. Lol.

Javiatrix:
p.s. 098joe do you mean Heygates or Wickes?

Wickes !! 1990’s

i took a break from hgvs for 3 years and became self employed with my own van,it was immaculate when i got it,after about 3 months the interior in the back was trashed,including wheel arch covers where the forkies could not drive properly,one of them then proceeded to ram my transits steel bar and put a nice big dent in it and then said why worry as it was not my van when i said it was all i got was a shrug of the shoulders before he drove off,i really dont know how they get their licences half the time

Hope u put in a nice insurance claim for dat