Adblue - Ross BP Services

Quick question…
Has anybody bought Adblue off the pump at Ross on Wye Services this week ■■

If you have, please let me know…
If you haven’t, then do yourself a favour, and don’t…

More info to follow tomorrow…

The intrigue will kill me…

We’ll hurry the frig up and give us further info

Sorry for the delay dafpower. it’s hard to reply when i cant get to the pc…

On Wednesday I put adblue in off the pump at Ross… my truck is now in pieces in the workshop having has 55 litres of WATER drained from the adblue tank…
It’s the second lorry this week to have had the same problem, having bought adblue from there on wednesday…

Contrary to popular belief, water in the adblue tank causes untold damage…

Ah right good job were only allowed to fill em at base then that’s a stroke of bad luck there. I thought ad blue was supposed to smell strongly of ammonia I know the air1 stuff does it brings a tear to your eye it’s that strong

Your employer should have a case against the station operator…Trading Standards should be all over them like a rash!

+1 on what gas gas said

dafpower:
Ah right good job were only allowed to fill em at base then that’s a stroke of bad luck there. I thought ad blue was supposed to smell strongly of ammonia I know the air1 stuff does it brings a tear to your eye it’s that strong

Adblue doesn’t smell…
Our insurance dept is on the case…

Kate:

dafpower:

Adblue doesn’t smell…
Our insurance dept is on the case…

I agree with dafpower. The adblue we use has a really strong ammonium smell from it.

It’s that strong the air1 stuff it smells like witch ■■■■ but I do know lesser brands have little to no smell

I work for a company that produces and supplies AdBlue to the transport industry. Its made up of demineralised water and urea, which is a by product of animal urine, or as some call it “pig ■■■■”. Its this that gives off an ammonia scent, even more so in hot weather. The biggest percentage of its contents is the de-min water (same stuff used in auto batteries, this is why it crystallises when it dries). It is totally harmless and not hazardous. I’ve heard un told stories of driver’s peeing into their AdBlue tanks when they have run out so they could still drive. Trust me, DON’T do this, it wont work and it will cause un told problems with the whole system. By the sounds of things, it could of been a bad batch that wasn’t checked when it left its original depot?,

Tennantjon - just out of curiosity seeing as you say not to ■■■■ in the tank but animal ■■■■ is ok could theoretically a pig farmer get one of his pigs to ■■■■ in the tank and drive on?

Adblue isn’t my forte

Is this Ross Spur services (opposite to KFC) or the one on the roundabout?

Could you imagine the lack of lucazade on the side of the road when its discovered good old homo sapien peepee is an Adblue substitute with a bit of screen wash involved :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ha ha drift or how much lack of ■■■■■ smell there would be in msa or lay-bys

dafpower:
Ha ha drift or how much lack of ■■■■■ smell there would be in msa or lay-bys

:laughing: :laughing: now lets sort the ■■■ bags out…in cab log burners? :laughing:

That sounds like a plan or could be not sell them to Africa they make huts out of ■■■■■ and straw don’t they

dafpower:
That sounds like a plan or could be not sell them to Africa they make huts out of [zb] and straw don’t they

I will sub contract you to collect it and transport it there :sunglasses: FRESH :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Oh, did I mention its handball :laughing:

■■■■■■■ handball again :frowning:

anisboy:
Is this Ross Spur services (opposite to KFC) or the one on the roundabout?

It’s Ross Spur… the one with the Starbucks on the same site.