Adblue Bolton services

Does anyone know if they sell adblue, preferably in bulk at Bolton services ? Thx.

80 views and no replies is that a record ? Just incase you are wondering Bolton or Rivington or possibly Anderton services are on the M61 between Manchester and Preston

had a look on website but no mention of adblu , however they do mention that they welcome hgv drivers so would be very surprised if they don’t sell at least containers of the stuff.

Cheers syramax I checked there web last night to no avail. Trucks have been using adblue now for many years and supply has not really improved. I actually managed to fill up at forton services today I know I pay over the odds but it’s easy and there is no chance of contamination messing about with drums.

for a one off charge you could have the adblue turned off, many hauliers are now doing this

Thx Moose I have heard of this absolutly despicable way of sorting the problem and would not consider following that path. Well not until my wagon is out of warranty :wink:

No idea about Bolton

But there’s findadblue.com

There’s an app for that!

Silver_Surfer:
There’s an app for that!

There probably is but I can find the IBC in my yard without one :wink:

adblue or ■■■■ makes no difference to the engine when turned on or off,it is mixed with exhaust gases to purey fy the exhaust gas?trucks pass m.o.t. with or without.adblue can be bought on e-bay. 1000 litres, £310-00 plus £20-00 delivery.cheap as ■■■■.

anyone used adblu in car ie dpf or cant it be used thanks fellas

Just in case anyone is interested I called in today and low and behold the inappropriatly named clear liquid is available in bulk at 72.9 p per litre. However I was required to leave my credit card at the till before any drawing. This infuriates me, we are all branded as thieves what do you think ?

I had no idea it was that expensive.

We just pump it out of a container in the warehouse at work, into old, knackered containers.

I bet most of the lads lose about 5% on the warehouse floor filling said container, then another 10% trying to manhandle it over the tank, while the constantly leaking nozzle does it’s best to drop off.

Proper knackers your steelies

We have a few new tgx and the adblue tank caught me out,it only lasts 1 for 1 on a tank of juice so called in Forton/Lancaster services where the pump price is 84.9. The containers at Charnock were 13 or 14 quid for 10 litres!
The gauge hit zero 10 miles above Lymm and made sure I didnt turn it off until filling it up at the yard where it costs 33p in bulk.

You must have a big fuel tank adblue should be 5% of derv

Tarmac duck:
You must have a big fuel tank adblue should be 5% of derv

No,it’s a ■■■■■ small ad blue tank,the fuel tank is 450 litres and I reckon the adblue to be about the size of a 5 gallon drum.
MAN do a bigger tank…for a £400 consideration.

Tarmac duck:
Just in case anyone is interested I called in today and low and behold the inappropriatly named clear liquid is available in bulk at 72.9 p per litre. However I was required to leave my credit card at the till before any drawing. This infuriates me, we are all branded as thieves what do you think ?

I wouldn’t pay that much Tarmac Duck, unless there was simply no option, I buy mine in 205 litre drums delivered by Volvo parts or, if I’m passing I go into Volvo Dealerships & fill from their purpose built tanks for 34ppl. Most dealerships stock it in bulk and will fill you up as you require without paying through the nose for it.

Several have suggested to me thay I consider getting it switched off but, I have a fear that this will backfire on somoeone at MOT one of these days & then yet another whole can of worms will be opened for everyone else so mine’ll be left on.

BB

I checked with my local volvo dealer where I have had an account for many years and there best price was £108 for 208 litres delivered, but that equates to about 62p a litre inc vat. For 11p a litre ( about £3 a week) I think I will take the easy option. But thanks BB for the suggestion.

how is the new Volvo Renault doing duck,not heard you singing its praises yet.or is price of adblue the biggest problem. :unamused: :wink:

You have not been listening the renault is an excellent bit of kit. Good on fuel and light a little cramped in the cab after my Daf but used to that now. Sorry if that is not what you wanted to hear but I go to work everyday with enthusiasm and no worries !