Adblue location

Hello all, taken charge of a brand spanking unit this week. I have just about sussed the Digi tacho, my question now and i apologise if its been asked before ,is, are there any Adblue site location leaflets or bumf avaliable. Or failing that, do any of you know of Adblue sites on the A1/A14/M11 corridor. Heading down there later on and thought it would save stopping and starting trying to find somewhere. Alconbury,Markham Moor, or do the main services have it on tap. Thanks in advance. :confused:

AdBlue is the registered trademark for AUS32 (Aqueous Urea Solution 32.5%) and is used in a process called selective catalytic reduction (SCR) to reduce emissions of oxides of nitrogen from the exhaust of diesel engined motor vehicles.

uk.air1.info/en/adblue-supply/adblue-filling/

The total garage at Godmanchester sells ad blu by pump = .45 ppl - , Risby Keyfuels sells it by the pump at .79 ppl .
In addition the total garage at M6 J16 - sells ad blu by the pump at .45ppl
regards
Steve

Thanks gm,truckerspal. That link was what i had in mind ,brilliant. :sunglasses: As an aside to the original question ,what would happen if you ran out. As i understand it, Adblue is added to the exhaust gasses to clean up emissions. As this is after the engine has burned fuel etc, how does it effect the running, if left to run out. Is it all electronically controlled through the ecu with sensors.

The DAFs I’ve come across go into a sort of ‘limping home’ mode - low acceleration and a limited top speed. I’m currently on a contract that uses MAN TGAs and they don’t have adblue at all, even though they are 08 & 59 plates with euro5 engines - something to do with the way they burn the exhaust gases within the system I gather, so why is it that only MAN (and, I believe, Iveco) have gone down the non ad-blue route?

tallyman:
The DAFs I’ve come across go into a sort of ‘limping home’ mode - low acceleration and a limited top speed. I’m currently on a contract that uses MAN TGAs and they don’t have adblue at all, even though they are 08 & 59 plates with euro5 engines - something to do with the way they burn the exhaust gases within the system I gather, so why is it that only MAN (and, I believe, Iveco) have gone down the non ad-blue route?

Scania too. My 440 doesn’t gave adblue. Which is one of the reasons they went for a 440, it’s the biggest power non adblue Scania you cab get

We got some MAN 480’s with ad blue and they got a poxy little ad blue tank which goes down at the same rate as the diesel tank, so they need filling everyday or every 2 shifts, also its on the opposite side to the diesel tank just to make things a little harder :imp:

Mopar, get yourself a keyfuels booklet, it should list hundreds of sites, alternatively 99% of services sell it in 5 gallon containers, so if your desperate there is always that option, even though they about a tenner each, ok if you can claim it back, and also youll only have to do it the once, just fill up the empty container when you fill the tank. Luckily we dont have that problem anymore cause they got rid of the premiums and replaced them with tgxs.

Mopar, get yourself a keyfuels booklet, it should list hundreds of sites, alternatively 99% of services sell it in 5 gallon containers, so if your desperate there is always that option, even though they about a tenner each, ok if you can claim it back, and also youll only have to do it the once, just fill up the empty container when you fill the tank. Luckily we dont have that problem anymore cause they got rid of the premiums and replaced them with tgxs.

Thanks for all the replys, so it does have sensors to the ecu to knock it in to limp mode. Will be calling into Colsterworth later then :smiley: . Was that you Luke, heading down the M20 last night, for the cattle train.