Whos paying what these days

This is week 1 of the wtd

Whos had a rise?
Whos waiting to get it sorted
Anyone been put on 4 on 4 off or similar shifts?

My lot (TDG) are still trying to sort it all out.We are looking at some 4 day weeks then some 5 day weeks,with long/short runs to even itself out.

Not so keen on the day off in the week,i think it should be 3 days in a block.Because i’m sure they will give you a late finish say tuesday then an early start thursday so you wont get a good evening at home and the next night it’ll be off to bed early.

And if their not going to stump up £28k plus they wont even be getting the motors moved.And thats the same at other sites that the drivers that i have spoken to.

Tony b

Fridays off from this week :smiley:

I had been asking for this for ages so it suits me fine. Just think, no more Friday afternoons stuck on the M25 trying to get home!!

freightliner have started strikes as of this week after they promised a payrise then in neogotions the bloke rep management died so the new manager said get stuffed you cant have a rise now. f/l are on basic hours and striking 1 day this week 2 days next and so on.

my company have decided to do nothin about it apart from the tm who say,s evry time u stop put it as poa and u wont lose money the run,s are still the same time to change job i think

carlbrum:
my company have decided to do nothin about it apart from the tm who say,s evry time u stop put it as poa and u wont lose money the run,s are still the same time to change job i think

That’s exactly my story, too. I think this story will be heard a lot more in the coming weeks.

sounds like u work for maxi haulage theghostofcain

Yep, we have had a massive pay rise of 3% works out to 18p per hour. We are now on the princely sum of £6.18p. Up to today I have worked as many, if not more, hours than normal. Asked the traffic clerk today what to do when I reach 48 hrs? Conversation went like this:

ME: what happens when I clock up 48 hours

HIM: erm! erm! erm! well it is worked out over 26 weeks you know?

ME: Ok then, that means if I owe any compensation after 25 weeks I will be getting a week of with pay then.

HIM: Well you will have to have time off but I don’t know if you will get paid

ME: whats the point in working extra hours this week if I end up loosing it later on in the 26 week cycle

Him: we will just have to see how it pans out.

This is after all the publicity and write up in the trade magazines, they still don’t have a clue. I will loose about £90 due to drop in hours but have gained a pay rise of about £11 on 48 hours. So it looks like another driver either looking for a new job or a change in career.

Regards
Westie

Nope, just somewhere as bad!

no pay rise but i have had a strange week with regards to the WTD. monday, drivers mate, tuesday, transit van (non tacho), wednesday, 26 ton Scania, thursday & friday, bin wagon (non tacho). i have done very few ‘working hours’ this week which will give me a little leaway over the reference period :smiley:

Weve now gone onto a shift due to the WTD which is Mon to Fri week 1. Mon to Fri week 2. Then its Mon to Thurs or Tues to Fri week 3 which ever you want.Then its back to week 1 again I work on regular nights starting at 18.00hrs every night and iam usually done by the latest 05.30/06.00hrs. Weve now gone on a salary for this £27,450/24 days holiday(use on your 4 day weeks= 6 weeks hol)
All bank holidays off or you are paid extra if you work them, sick pay at 8hrs per shift and payed from day one and not 3 waiting days.The company wanted us to have banked hours against us so after a few short nights they
could get you in on one of your days off so we told them where they could stick that,and they did.
Before this we were on Mon to Fri & optional overtime Sat&Sun and we were working two weekends then having the third one off.
Our money is down by about £1500 per year, but were not working any weekends at all and also only a 4 day week every third week. Things had to change due to the WTD and now weve all come around to it we`re quite looking forward to a bit more time off.
The above shift patteren is the same for our day drivers with £23,680 and nightout money on top of that (the last time i had one it was about £25.60 but that was over 2yrs ago,not sure what it is now).
This is for Exel in Wrexham.

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :sunglasses:

I can clear what I need with time and a half after eight in 4 days. I still take home what I need and can have Fridays off. I have done 42 actual working hours and 53 total over the 4 days I’ve worked 11 hours in POA (and that’s not just sticking it down as POA, that’s genuine waiting time, RDC’s seem to be getting used to the question how long and giving you a slightly extended guess so you can sit on POA). Some of the work’s dropping trailers, some means sitting at an RDC for 3-4 hours, it looks like the trailer swaps are being shifted around with the longer tips to account and compensate in POA. Looks like I’ll get an unpaid day off in the week as well. It actually means I’m working as many hours as I can in 4 days and getting a long weekend, so I’m not really comming out behind (this is on agency work). They’re expecting the regular quiet times this year and banking on that to even up your hours, I reckon the WTD will put more work the way of the agency driver, so you won’t get them. We’ll wait and
see.

I may even start tramping if I’m going to be maxing my hours, as I reckon I could stand it with a long weekend, plus the price of fuel’s gone through the roof again.

Like I say, I’m not really behind, but that’s helped by the fact I’m on time and a half after eight, so the longer days in the week really help the bank balance.

I’m doing exactly the same amount of hours as I was doing before the WTD kicked in at the start of this week. Whenever I’m not driving nor on a break the mode switch is left on the ‘box’ and as we get paid for all hours we do in the day, not just ‘working’ and ‘driving’ ones like some companies have started doing, then I’m no worse off. My tacho’s have been to the tacho analysis company and come back again without any hick-ups, less a few cases of limiter overrun down the hills.

Sorted. :slight_smile:

the regs state that we should still be paid for POA as it is still included within our duty time (start - finish). any company who tries to withold payment for POA will not have drivers for long :exclamation:

Had a word with the TM yesterday, just to clarify things. I was putting tacho on POA (jam butty) only when I was on a pre determined delay. Seems he wants me to put on POA everytime I tip and load as well, which I don’t think is correct. My 48 hrs should have been up by 1300 yesterday but by doing as he suggested I managed to do a full day. Hours for this week slightly more than normal. Seems like most firms in this area haven’t much idea, every driver seems to have been told something different.

Regards
Westie

in your case it is simple westie. tipping is NOT waiting to be tipped! if you are tipping your vehicle, you are working and your tacho should indicate that. if he is telling you not to indicate your activities correctly, he is breaking the law.
companies acn not afford to lose drivers at the moment. if they are asking you to break the law, it is you who will face prosecution. stand up for your rights and keep yourselves legal. its your livelihood on the line, not the bosses!

26 weeks sod that whats wrong with 17

Rob K:
I’m doing exactly the same amount of hours as I was doing before the WTD kicked in at the start of this week. Whenever I’m not driving nor on a break the mode switch is left on the ‘box’ and as we get paid for all hours we do in the day, not just ‘working’ and ‘driving’ ones like some companies have started doing, then I’m no worse off. My tacho’s have been to the tacho analysis company and come back again without any hick-ups, less a few cases of limiter overrun down the hills.

Sorted. :slight_smile:

ditto the above for me.
no change to my working week at all apart from vigorous use of the mode switch :laughing: :wink:

My boss has got it sorted good and proper…work 5 days but throw one tacho out the window…that gives us a 4 day week…work 6 days…throw away 2…work 7 throw away 3…its a great system and seems to fool the ministry bods… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

truckyboy:
My boss has got it sorted good and proper…work 5 days but throw one tacho out the window…that gives us a 4 day week…work 6 days…throw away 2…work 7 throw away 3…its a great system and seems to fool the ministry bods… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

LMFAO i used to work for a company like that :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

simon

We’ve been doing a trial run, on the WTD, for the last four weeks. I was four hours over the 48 hour average, for the four weeks, doing it exactly by the book. So I’ll try a bit harder to get a bit more time on POA each week and keep an eye on my total working time. That should keep me rear enough OK whilst this job lasts.
After that :question: :question: :question: :question: