M1 minibus crash, first day in court

mattecube:
Sad set of events with many lives ruined, Wagstaffe will one day walk as a free man ( probably a broken spirit) but will taste the joys of freedom as will at some point the Pole.
The deceased never to walk this earth again it doesn’t matter what race, creed or gender may they RIP.

Dave Wagstaff has now been diagnosed with PTSD.

Imagine how one of us might feel, previously spotless record - to be brought down by what amounts to a mere ■■■■-up of complacency that I reckon could have happened to any of us, relying too much on the system to permit us what’s legal over what’s not necessarily sensible.

You should all know by now that I’ve always been against “making phone calls whilst driving” - blue tooth, hands-free be damned. You’re still distracted, and for a critical 9 seconds of Dave Wagstaff’s life - he was too, unfortunately for all involved. It takes at least two to create a multi-vehicle collision. One to cause it, and the other to fail to avoid it. In the case of the deceased, namely Cyriac Joseph, he and his passengers have paid the ultimate price for being that little bit too sleepy to not react quick enough for a truck that would have been visible bearing down rapidly upon the rear of one’s minibus whilst attempting to pull out carefully from pulling up too close behind Ryszard Masierak’s parked truck in live lane one.

I have not learned yet if any “Lessons learned” might be put into effect, that allowed a seriously unlicenced, drunk, tired, and totally useless driver that was Ryszard Masierak - could possibly be prevented from being behind a wheel in the first instance. I reckon that 14 years is about right for what he’s now been sent down for though. :neutral_face: