M62 hen party crash :both drivers charged

m.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/new … -1-6357235

In the local paper both the
Minibus and lorry driver have been charged with causing death by dangerous driving
Make
Of that what you want , hope the truth comes out in the end what happened

Prediction…minibus driver not guilty, lorry driver guilty.

It will be interesting to find out all the details as to why the law have charged both drivers as things progress. :confused:

They have both been charged because they were probably both at fault.

i thought that i read somewhere that the mini bus driver had been charged for not having the correct licence earlyer in to the investigation ?

holliefabbabe:
i thought that i read somewhere that the mini bus driver had been charged for not having the correct licence earlyer in to the investigation ?

That has absolutely no relevance to the cause of the accident and the fact they have both been charged.

albion1971:

holliefabbabe:

That has absolutely no relevance to the cause of the accident and the fact they have both been charged.

How is it of no relevance? If the driver isn’t licenced to drive that category it means he has been unable to prove he is competent to drive that class of vehicle. I’d say it’s extremely relevant.

m1cks:

albion1971:

holliefabbabe:

How is it of no relevance? If the driver isn’t licenced to drive that category it means he has been unable to prove he is competent to drive that class of vehicle. I’d say it’s extremely relevant.

I thought the exact same thing.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

m1cks:

albion1971:

holliefabbabe:

I thought the exact same thing.

Of course it’s relevant… If you haven’t got the licence you shouldn’t even be there driving the vehicle. If you aren’t there, how could the accident have happened? :question:

albion1971:

holliefabbabe:

i would love to know how is isnt ,

holliefabbabe:

albion1971:

holliefabbabe:

i would love to know how is isnt ,

It has no relevance because the driver did have the correct license to drive the vehicle.It was the operators license that was the problem.

Hiya…the driver of the mini bus had his own mimi bus company but his operator’s licence
had run out. this chap was driving for another company. he just didn’t have the licence to
run his own mini busses. it wasn’t like he didn’t have a mini bus driving licence.i think he
was 62 years of age and was not renewing his operators licence for a 5 year term as he
would be retiring at 65
John

Thank you John for verifying that fact.

ok thank you

3300John:
i think he was 62 years of age and was not renewing his operators licence for a 5 year term as he would be retiring at 65

Just as well because he was “disqualified indefinitely for applying or holding a public transport operator’s licence”.

I agree that it has no real relevance to the cause of the M62 accident though.

Can some one refresh my memory please? Is this the crash where the minibus was stopped, broken down and the wagon hit up the arse?

Gembo:
Can some one refresh my memory please? Is this the crash where the minibus was stopped, broken down and the wagon hit up the arse?

Don’t think it had broken down as it had just joined the M62 from South Elmsall

who ever was at fault should be found guilty.

Gembo:

No that was another accident, I don’t think anyone yet knows exactly what happened with this accident.

It was originally discussed here

ipswich123:
who ever was at fault should be found guilty.

Thank you for aiding us with your razor sharp legal mind Rumpole :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: