M1 Deaths

google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j … I7E7qdNRzY

i wonder if the romanian government will offer the drivers family a loan to repatriate the body back to romania the same as happened with the 39 doctors and lawyers from the essex container…somehow i dont think so?

RIP

A week later, still NO INFORMATION from the police as to what actually happened…

ETS:
RIP

A week later, still NO INFORMATION from the police as to what actually happened…

It’s a strange case.I could understand the driver of the impacting vehicle being taken out in a rear end shunt v a slow stationary truck but not the driver of the vehicle that’s been impacted.Or was it a head on cross over type collision which it didn’t seem to be. :confused:

Carryfast:
It’s a strange case.I could understand the driver of the impacting vehicle being taken out in a rear end shunt v a slow stationary truck but not the driver of the vehicle that’s been impacted.Or was it a head on cross over type collision which it didn’t seem to be. :confused:

Vehicle that was hit up the rear was hit with so much force it punted almost the entire vehicle off the motorway and down the embankment. My guessing is the cab got crushed in the ditch at the bottom of the embankment.

Conor:

Carryfast:

Vehicle that was hit up the rear was hit with so much force it punted almost the entire vehicle off the motorway and down the embankment. My guessing is the cab got crushed in the ditch at the bottom of the embankment.

I reckon he was outside the vehicle looking around it when it got hit

Only ones that know what happened are sadly no longer with us,
Nobody should go to work and not come home…
RIP drivers

robthedog:

Conor:

Carryfast:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
worse case scenario there bud.
the cab looks ok so mabey he was at the rear and obscuring 1 side of the rear lights.
a guy i knew did a trip back from saudi with me,flat lit as best we could up the A74 in foggy/misty conditions and straight into the back of a car at night that had broken down and was being pushed by two guys completely obscuring the lights.

Sad event, whoever they where,wherever they where from. RIP

The Spanish truck, plowed into the back of the broken down container truck, which was on the hardshoulder, the container truck didn’t touch the crash barrier or go thro, there is no damage to the barrier or verge or even the fence,when shunted from behind, container driver has serious back and chest injuries,

Just a question. If the driver was sat in his seat eyes shut and resting them waiting for recovery with no seat belt on. If a sudden force at 50 mph hit the back of the truck , would that be enough to break the drivers neck or something.

Odd days:
Just a question. If the driver was sat in his seat eyes shut and resting them waiting for recovery with no seat belt on. If a sudden force at 50 mph hit the back of the truck , would that be enough to break the drivers neck or something.

Hit from behind no amount of seatbelts will make any difference. Physics innit?

biggriffin:
The Spanish truck, plowed into the back of the broken down container truck, which was on the hardshoulder, the container truck didn’t touch the crash barrier or go thro, there is no damage to the barrier or verge or even the fence,when shunted from behind, container driver has serious back and chest injuries,

Spanish truck I think not,Spanish co name that’s about all

the maoster:

Odd days:

It takes some getting the head around.50ft away from the collision with the strength of a container standing in the way but taken out by transfer of energy which has nowhere to go.Possibly a game changer in that regard given a heavy loaded impacting vehicle v light/empty impacted.

ETS:
RIP

And there wont be never is not until the inquest which will be later in the year could even be early next year

dieseldog999:

robthedog:

Conor:

Carryfast:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
worse case scenario there bud.
the cab looks ok so mabey he was at the rear and obscuring 1 side of the rear lights.
a guy i knew did a trip back from saudi with me,flat lit as best we could up the A74 in foggy/misty conditions and straight into the back of a car at night that had broken down and was being pushed by two guys completely obscuring the lights.

Useful thing to remember that really, probably easy for anyone to do if you weren’t thinking.

I was given the impression by a recovery op that the container lorry crossed over from the Northbound

Like Carryfast, I was wondering how 2 lorry drivers were killed in the same incident without a head-on, as that seems quite rare.

extrucker:
I was given the impression by a recovery op that the container lorry crossed over from the Northbound

REALLY

Carryfast:

the maoster:

Odd days:

It takes some getting the head around.50ft away from the collision with the strength of a container standing in the way but taken out by transfer of energy which has nowhere to go.Possibly a game changer in that regard given a heavy loaded impacting vehicle v light/empty impacted.

Lack of seatbelt (we know it happens), medical episode brought on by the collision or just plain unlucky.

You see some collisions and wonder how people get out of them with just a scratch. Then there are other which dont look too bad which ended up fatal.