M1 Deaths

Snudger:
Like Carryfast, I was wondering how 2 lorry drivers were killed in the same incident without a head-on, as that seems quite rare.

The Spanish truck was double manned, with 2 Romainians,

robthedog:

extrucker:
I was given the impression by a recovery op that the container lorry crossed over from the Northbound

REALLY

Wasn’t a crossover, Spanish truck into stationary container truck.

biggriffin:

Snudger:
Like Carryfast, I was wondering how 2 lorry drivers were killed in the same incident without a head-on, as that seems quite rare.

robthedog:

extrucker:
I was given the impression by a recovery op that the container lorry crossed over from the Northbound

REALLY

What happened to the other RO THEN ?

biggriffin:

It wasn’t 2 Romanians who were the casualties going by the names and address provided.

Nite Owl:

Carryfast:
It takes some getting the head around.50ft away from the collision with the strength of a container standing in the way but taken out by transfer of energy which has nowhere to go.Possibly a game changer in that regard given a heavy loaded impacting vehicle v light/empty impacted.

Lack of seatbelt (we know it happens), medical episode brought on by the collision or just plain unlucky.

You see some collisions and wonder how people get out of them with just a scratch. Then there are other which dont look too bad which ended up fatal.

It makes me rethink the idea of bonneted trucks because it seems just as likely that the idea could result in more innocent fatalities while the guilty would be saved.Especially in the case of a heavy on light rear end collision.The solution might be seats mounted on hydraulic energy absorbing runners acting in the rearward direction like a horizontal version of a mechanical type suspension seat mounting.However a seat belt won’t help that type of severe whiplash injury to possibly spine/neck etc.

biggriffin:

Snudger:

One of the victims was a Romanian, Gheorge Mihai. The other was Surjit Singh from Wolverhampton. Doesn’t sound like a Romanian.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Roymondo:

biggriffin:

Snudger:

One of the victims was a Romanian, Gheorge Mihai. The other was Surjit Singh from Wolverhampton. Doesn’t sound like a Romanian.

And there ain’t a Wolverhampton in Romania either

It is fuzzy but the Highways Agency image used in this report:
metro.co.uk/2020/01/04/m1-will- … -12000514/
might make the position of the vehicles clearer than some others.

Franglais:
It is fuzzy but the Highways Agency image used in this report:
metro.co.uk/2020/01/04/m1-will- … -12000514/
might make the position of the vehicles clearer than some others.

FACT That never came through the central reservation RO hit it up the ■■■

biggriffin:

Snudger:

robthedog:

extrucker:

REALLY

That would explain it. I’m not being pedantic here but I assumed when it was reported that 2 drivers were killed, that they were in separate vehicles! I think that calling both victims drivers, at the time at least, is a little misleading if the above is true. Anyway, this is all quite trite seeing how 2 people lost their lives. It’s so east to die, so it is.

So we have a dead Romanian, and a dead from Wolves, could be the container driver, and Fridge driver both dead, and passenger in fridge lorry survived,… Tncsi needed on this case.

biggriffin:
So we have a dead Romanian, and a dead from Wolves, could be the container driver, and Fridge driver both dead, and passenger in fridge lorry survived,… Tncsi needed on this case.

Would it not state 2 dead 1 injured your not going to get out unscathed are you

robthedog:

biggriffin:

Can understand the passenger of a lhd truck surviving an offset n/s v o/s rear end shunt possibly without injury even.But far more difficult getting the head around the driver of an artic with a 40 ft container on being taken out from behind.That is some scary energy transfer going on through the trailer into the unit and the driving seat. :open_mouth: :confused:

robthedog:

biggriffin:

It (or rather they) would simply regurgitate whatever the Police press releases say. The days of journalists (at local/routine level) actually finding out and reporting details of incidents are long gone.