hoodies

windrush:

Carryfast:
The idea that the streets of 1960’s or even 70’s Britain were awash with Burqa wearing women or Saudi backed mosques is up there with the idea that the new or used car market was awash with punters looking for fwd BMC motors. :smiling_imp: :laughing: :laughing:

Feel free to post any contemporary photographic evidence to back the claim. :wink:

Not “awash” as you put it but there were still some around when I was young, (though maybe I’m wrong and they were actually the Berkshire branch of the KluKluxKlan?) yes they stood out from the crowd but folk became used to seeing them just the same as seeing Seikhs wearing their turbans. I have no pics for you to peruse alas Carryfast, I didn’t carry a camera to school! :laughing: No harm in it, it is their method of dress and to me it is good that Britain can embrace these different types of dress as in many countries there are strict dress codes which to me is a rather outdated way of thinking? I can’t understand what all the fuss is about really, my mother has a carer wearing one and says she is a nice lady who is better at her job than many of her ‘White British’ carers. In this area there are none, infact there is only one ‘non white’ family that I know of, but the large towns will possibly have a few.

Oh, and in the 60’/70’s I was working for a BMC dealership and we sold plenty of new and used fwd cars, pickups and vans, especially Wolseley 18/85’s :wink:

Pete.

In the absence of any photographic evidence we’ll just have to go by what we’ve got here in the form of the Paul Ghee etc topics.In which case I’d guess your fwd BMC’s fit my memory and the definition of ‘some’ not ‘plenty’.But as for finding ‘some’ burqa wearing women on the pavements let alone any Saudi funded mosques in any of the backgrounds I’ll keep looking. :smiling_imp: :laughing: