I know it's political but

Just seen on the news that, although france have banned birkah’s - we won’t be.

:open_mouth: FRANCE NOW HAS MORE BACKBONE THAN BRITAIN

W.T.F’S going on, stuff it - why don’t we invite what’s left of the I.R.A. to wander our streets in their three-hole balaclavas

I’m not a racist but, when you think about it like that, kinda puts it into perspective doesn’t it…

spineless ■■■■■■■■■

Oh, sorry - wrong place :blush:

darkseeker:
Just seen on the news that, although france have banned birkah’s - we won’t be.

:open_mouth: FRANCE NOW HAS MORE BACKBONE THAN BRITAIN

W.T.F’S going on, stuff it - why don’t we invite what’s left of the I.R.A. to wander our streets in their three-hole balaclavas

I’m not a racist but, when you think about it like that, kinda puts it into perspective doesn’t it…

spineless [zb]!

When it comes to this sort of thing …they always have had. :confused: :confused: :confused:

A few years ago they introduced wheel clamps to the French publique!
Every man and his brother armed themselves with some superglue :smiley:
No more wheel clamps.
We could do this? :cry:
No we are British,■■■■ on us from a great height,and we will thank you :cry:
We always have done, and probably always will :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

The Burka an interesting garment which if some women want to wear it well I suppose that should be their choice,doesn’t bother me either way but France with 6 million Muslims compared to our 2,5 million have chosen to ban it and one woman on a services in France last year might just be pleased.Scorching day her two kids cool in shorts and tee shirts her man,fat chap equally cool in shorts and tee shirt but I did have sympathy for the woman,head to toe in what seemed like a rather thick black garment and her face,what I could see,looked like it was on fire.Seems reasonable if Muslim men want their women to wear the Burka well they should also wear it.

My 2 year old daughter had an interesting reaction to a woman wearing a Burka in the play area at a local shopping centre this afternoon!

Can a 2 year old be called a racist?

And do you really think banning an item of clothing will solve any of the problems caused by religious fanatics? :unamused:

killsville:
My 2 year old daughter had an interesting reaction to a woman wearing a Burka in the play area at a local shopping centre this afternoon!

Can a 2 year old be called a racist?

In Britain today anyone can be branded ‘racist’ for saying anything concerning foreign,alien values being imposed here the French are just doing what many muslim countries do in saying that in their country you go by their country’s rules which is why western women have to cover up in those countries but because the France is a western white country,(so far that is before unlimted immigration,like here,changes the majority base),it gets branded racist for imposing white european rules.Racism only seems to apply if you’re defending white european culture and values.

The burqa - the all encompassing thing that you see Afghan women wear - and the niqab, which is the face veil are both cultural items of clothing and nothing to do with religion anyway. Both are an interpretation from the Koran for a woman to dress modestly. Even the hijab - the headscarf - is not an Islamic requirement, only an interpretation. The same requirement to be modest in dress applies to men, but since most of these societies are hellbent on restricting women then it seems they don’t have to wear such limiting clothing.

As far as the veil goes, I’m all for banning it. In the UK we have a culture in which concealing your face is seen as being deceitful almost. The only time you can get away with it is for protection purposes. We value being able to see someone’s face which tells you almost as much as what someone says. You cannot communicate with someone whose face is hidden in the same way and i think that it only hinders understanding between different cultures; it isolates these women further than they already are.

The only reservation I have is that for some it will have the reverse effect and those that are controlled by ultra conservative husbands/fathers will find it even harder to step outside the house.

And exactly what is this law meant to achieve?

Carryfast:
In Britain today anyone can be branded ‘racist’ for saying anything concerning foreign,alien values being imposed here the French are just doing what many muslim countries do in saying that in their country you go by their country’s rules which is why western women have to cover up in those countries but because the France is a western white country,(so far that is before unlimted immigration,like here,changes the majority base),it gets branded racist for imposing white european rules.Racism only seems to apply if you’re defending white european culture and values.

One of the things that really annoys me about defending white european culture is that we no longer are allowed a culture. We are apparantly, Multi cultural. well, i have news for you, we are a BRITISH CULTURE!
So what is British culture? I am British, i am also English. however i have a Welsh surname, my mother was Irish catholic, my father english protestant, my ancesters were on the Mayflower and i am married to a Russian! I dare say there are Scots ancesters there somewhere!
So, again what is British culture? it is a mix of culture Beginning with the Celts, picts Scots, angles and saxons, and incorporating ideas, beliefs and customs from the Romans, Danes, Vikings, Normans, French, Germans, Dutch, Spanish, Portugese etc. Over the last 20 or so centuries, the British, either together or as separate nations, have built up a Culture based on certain values, we, at every stage of our development, have resisted changes to our culture and beliefs that we do not like, or that we do not want. We hate being dictated to, told what we can and cannot do.
we have given to the world our political systems, our judicial systems, we lead the industrialisation of the modern world, we have given the world our language, our explorers discovered half the known world,and our women fought for the right to vote and be equal to men.
We as a nation, are very good at taking parts of other cultures that we like, and adopting them for ourselves, Take for instance the letters I am using to write this, Latin Script. Our favourite food is curry or sweet and sour, we did not start to eat these because we were told, " you must eat ethnic food" we did it because we enjoy it, going for a curry is now a part of British Culture. British Culture will change and adapt to suit the majority, if wearing a Burka is considered to be British, then it will be accepted, without laws being passed, however If it is not, then don’t try to force us to accept it. My personal opinion is that it is an affront to our society from an out dated culture that demeans 50% of the population, and has unfortunate connections with cultures where women can still be stoned to death.where marraiges are arranged by family, and family honour is placed above life itself. The Burka is, rightly or wrongly, seen as a symbol of relgious zealots and fanatics, and will not help to pacify those who would like to cause trouble amonst us, rather it is likely to inflame the situation.
The polititians trying to make us a multi cutrual society need to just step back and look at the hatred ,mistrust and anger that thier policies are causeing. How many other countries are calling themselves Multi cultural? USA?,Pakistan? India? russia? China? Iran? Isreal? Afganistan? No! they are all fighting in different ways to keep thier own cultures. Let us keep our British Identity, let us decide what parts of other cultures and beliefs fit in to our way of life. Stop giving positive descrimination to minorities, some of who refuse to integrate into our culture, do as the french are doing, If you want to live in our country, you are welcome, regardless of race, colour religious beliefs, ethnic back grounds, etc, show us the good things about your culture,but respect our right to say no, not in the UK! all we ask is that in return, you respect our culture, and try to live our way. If you can’t do that, then go somewhere that you can.

rant over, no offence meant to anybody personally!

I cant really fault truckerjons post but can examine what he says closer. As many know I live near Derby, itself a very multi-cultural City.

So to go for a curry we are inundated with some of the best Asian, African, Indian, Nepalese, Chinese, Thai, Japanese, Polish, Croatian and Caribbean eating houses for miles around. Walking through the hospital grounds you see nursing staff and doctors from all corners of the world, walking down from The Spot I can hear more than 20 languages, most of them laughing, we have many different colours of policemen’s skin.

The shops are also colourful with different fashions, Gothic, African, Indian, Punk, Staid, Modern Casual, Workwear, Sports, Twin-set and Pearls and many others. I enjoy the cosmopolitan life, we were planning to visit a local music festival yesterday but got waylaid by family issues, Derby holds a Caribbean Parade each year.

I agree with Muckles though, banning a burka will not stop fanaticism, religious or terrorist beliefs. I lived in Africa for a while, we all got on as we lived amongst each other. At one side of me was a family from the Lebanon and the other side was a Senegalese family opposite was an African family living under corrugated iron sheets with goats tied to the crumbling gates. I drank with a Nigerian Pastor, who was chased from his own country through religious beliefs. There were Christians and Muslims in the same street, we used the same banks, the same supermarkets and ate the same bread. Banning the burka in France will cause more problem then it solves as these fanatics will disobey these laws and more fanatics will come in support. What do we ban next? A Jewish Kippah, they put their hat on to go into their church, we take ours off, ladies wear a hat, farmers take theirs off. We hang bacon on display in supermarkets, but do not put up warning signs, we sell beer in vegetarian restaurants and complain we cannot smoke, another foreign invention.

What do we ban after the Kippah, a kilt in Scotland? a flat cap in Yorkshire? or a top hat? because rich landowners and the gentry wore them. As this is a trucking forum I will come back on track, rather than being xenophobic. (fear of strangers, especially foreigners) I prefer the company of locals, so in France that would be a Frenchman in his own environment, a Dutchman in a small village on the weekend will be more useful than another English driver who can only talk work, football or want to fight these friendly locals. My opposition to nativism or prejudice is quite well known on these forums and in over 30 years of driving on the continent I have hastily avoided more British drivers than I have headed towards them. All I want is to get back to work, save a little money and retire to a little bungalow, (another Indian invention) with a verandah. (Indian again)

truckerjon:

Carryfast:

One of the things that really annoys me about defending white european culture is that we no longer are allowed a culture. We are apparantly, Multi cultural. well, i have news for you, we are a BRITISH CULTURE!
So what is British culture? I am British, i am also English. however i have a Welsh surname, my mother was Irish catholic, my father english protestant, my ancesters were on the Mayflower and i am married to a Russian! I dare say there are Scots ancesters there somewhere!
So, again what is British culture? it is a mix of culture Beginning with the Celts, picts Scots, angles and saxons, and incorporating ideas, beliefs and customs from the Romans, Danes, Vikings, Normans, French, Germans, Dutch, Spanish, Portugese etc. Over the last 20 or so centuries, the British, either together or as separate nations, have built up a Culture based on certain values, we, at every stage of our development, have resisted changes to our culture and beliefs that we do not like, or that we do not want. We hate being dictated to, told what we can and cannot do.
we have given to the world our political systems, our judicial systems, we lead the industrialisation of the modern world, we have given the world our language, our explorers discovered half the known world,and our women fought for the right to vote and be equal to men.
We as a nation, are very good at taking parts of other cultures that we like, and adopting them for ourselves, Take for instance the letters I am using to write this, Latin Script. Our favourite food is curry or sweet and sour, we did not start to eat these because we were told, " you must eat ethnic food" we did it because we enjoy it, going for a curry is now a part of British Culture. British Culture will change and adapt to suit the majority, if wearing a Burka is considered to be British, then it will be accepted, without laws being passed, however If it is not, then don’t try to force us to accept it. My personal opinion is that it is an affront to our society from an out dated culture that demeans 50% of the population, and has unfortunate connections with cultures where women can still be stoned to death.where marraiges are arranged by family, and family honour is placed above life itself. The Burka is, rightly or wrongly, seen as a symbol of relgious zealots and fanatics, and will not help to pacify those who would like to cause trouble amonst us, rather it is likely to inflame the situation.
The polititians trying to make us a multi cutrual society need to just step back and look at the hatred ,mistrust and anger that thier policies are causeing. How many other countries are calling themselves Multi cultural? USA?,Pakistan? India? russia? China? Iran? Isreal? Afganistan? No! they are all fighting in different ways to keep thier own cultures. Let us keep our British Identity, let us decide what parts of other cultures and beliefs fit in to our way of life. Stop giving positive descrimination to minorities, some of who refuse to integrate into our culture, do as the french are doing, If you want to live in our country, you are welcome, regardless of race, colour religious beliefs, ethnic back grounds, etc, show us the good things about your culture,but respect our right to say no, not in the UK! all we ask is that in return, you respect our culture, and try to live our way. If you can’t do that, then go somewhere that you can.

rant over, no offence meant to anybody personally!

That all seems like an oversimplification of the situation here which seems to be taking place in which the indigenous white european culture and values and even it’s physical existence in the long term are under multiple threats from a combination of different issues.The indegenous white european culture,in this country at least,is under threat in the long term and seems to have a death wish based on political correctness and reverse discrimination.In the long term it won’t be a case of us giving positive discrimination to ethnic minorities because it will be the white indigenous population that will be in the minority with all the other ethnic groups being in the majority with whichever one has the largest population being the majority governing one or a coalition of multiple foreign cultures.What price democracy then ?.