ZF AS Tronic 12sp - 2004 Renault Premium 420dCi

Drove one of the yesterday. Worked out how to get it to go forwards / backwards / auto / manual / up / down / half-gear / whole-gear. Read all the manual pages about this 12 speed 'box.

But now matter what I did or tried, I couldn’t get it to lock in neutral (on the right)

Was I doing something wrong? Was it broken? Was I just being plain thick? :blush:

Can someone tell me the secret, in case I have to deal with this nightmare again!

When you pull it gently towards your leg,it should just click into neutral.

Ken

macplaxton:
Drove one of the yesterday. Worked out how to get it to go forwards / backwards / auto / manual / up / down / half-gear / whole-gear. Read all the manual pages about this 12 speed 'box.

But now matter what I did or tried, I couldn’t get it to lock in neutral (on the right)

Was I doing something wrong? Was it broken? Was I just being plain thick? :blush:

Can someone tell me the secret, in case I have to deal with this nightmare again!

sounds the same as my optidriver 2 auto/man in my magnum,as ken says,just slide towards you,it should then click and that’s neutral.

Thanks for the replies.

Must be knackered then as I would move the lever to the right, see the display register N, but whatever I did I couldn’t get it to remain in N when I let go of the lever. Would the lock be mechanical or electronic?

Still it was less annoying than Telligent which I had to put up with the day before. That had a broken knob which came off after the third shift. Some ape who had it before me must have come a cropper finding reverse. (which is of course both buttons in and back)