young drivers scheme

hi

i wanted to know about the young drivers scheme and what it involves.

i am 18 yrs old
i want to do C and C + E, without doing C1. i think this would be the best option but i dont how to go about doing it, any advice would help and be much appreciated.

thanks in advance

My company looked in to this for me and realised it was not for us. Firstly you do not say wheather you are currently employed because you have to work for a company who then have to register with the company who runs it all called skills for logistics or something like that. You can only have a maximum of six points on your licence to play with until you are 21. After you pass you are then given assesments every so long to make sure you are still driving to the correct stanards etc etc.
It is not as simple as it seems i just thought i could pass class 1 at 20 and off i go but not at all. If you still decide to go for it good luck mate and keep us updated.

4nk17:
hi

i wanted to know about the young drivers scheme and what it involves.

i am 18 yrs old
i want to do C and C + E, without doing C1. i think this would be the best option but i dont how to go about doing it, any advice would help and be much appreciated.

thanks in advance

Welcome 4nk17 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: if not said already :slight_smile:
18 months from now and the young driver scheme will be a thing of the past as the new driver cpc takes over and you will be allowed to do what a 21 year old can do now.
As for the ‘ins’ & ‘outs’ of the present scheme, find a training provider who is party to the scheme and they will give you all the info but I do believe that you have to be a driving ‘apprentice’ so to speak for a company.

PS, if not said already, try the link in my signature for some training tips etc :slight_smile:

you need to be employed, the company you are working for needs to register with Skills for Logistics (as already said)

you will get an individual learning plan, which involves literacy and numeracy, and a NVQ level 2: Driving goods vehicles,

I’m putting a driver through the scheme at the moment (my daughter :wink: ), only just started though so don’t know much more ! SfL are visiting next week for the second time ( it’s run through Exeter College The Exeter college guys visited last month.

You have ongoing assessments and assignments through the course