young drivers scheme

hi i am 20 years old this year and i have looked into the young drivers scheme, can anyone help me because i am realy into truck driving and trucks i want to know if there are any companys in the hampshire area wich would take me on as an apprentice■■?

there really is no point in looking into this scheme, just wait till september and you will be able to go get the licence yourself due to the drivers cpc, though right now dont ever expect to get a job unless things pick up, the market is dead and there is lots of experienced drivers out there with no work.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome Daf Trucker :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

GENERAL DRIVING TIPS BEFORE STARTING LGV C TRAINING (Link)

If you click the link in my signature or these truck pics

it will lead you to an index where you can access a lot more info which may be of use to you :smiley: :smiley:

BEFORE you book your training, READ THIS… - I suggest the trainee-to-be visits the training school, meets the head person(s) and has a quick look at the truck BEFORE parting with any money.

Using the site Search facility and putting the words TRAINING AND WHERE you wish to train may turn up some recommendations. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

THE DRIVER SHORTAGE IS AN ADVERTISING MYTH - Generally more drivers than jobs in the UK
Newbies - Jobs, Agencies & EXPERIENCE & Is this country short of drivers ?

FAQ forum for info on Posting Pics, Driver CPC, Getting 1st LGV Licence and much more…

The young driver scheme will be no more from Sept 10 this year as they are lowering the age for LGV drivers to 18.

I would’nt bother mate they like you to have your class 1 by the age of 20.i started on that when i was 16, you do your car at 17, your class 3 at 18, your class2 at 19 and your class 1 at 20 plus all kinds of school work,you get all kinds of certificates but none of them do you any good.Im 48 now and just been made redundant and can’t find a job.