york

i am driving up today for tipping in the morning is there any place in york or close by i can stop 2nite and be able to get a wash in the morning.

many thanks
neil :smiley:

There’s a Lorry Park which is fairly well signed off the Ring Road - if you come off the A63 at the A1079/A166 juntion, follow the A166 for about 100 yards, turn left and it’s the second entrance on the left hand side.

There’s a pub about 5 minutes walk away in the village, and showers on site.

many thanks lucy
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

York is a great night out if you can get near the centre :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Try the race course. :exclamation:

isn’t the lorry park new?
recently opened by the council i think i read somewhere.
perhaps you could let us all know what it is like, we should all support these places when they are opened because without our support they will just close again and more and more councils (as well as private builders) will refuse to allow truck parks to be built on land, it’s called lack of need or something.

The lorry park is at the cattle market at murton. Miles from the city centre but a nice village. Methinks the facilities are only open mon- fri though. cant be sure but will look the next time i am in york.

there used to be a lorry park near the town center (union terrace car park on clarence street ) but because the college over the road wanted to extend onto the then coach park , our brilliant council ( :smiling_imp: ) decided to move the coaches over the road and move the trucks to the very edge of york.
we cant have all the tourists ( :smiling_imp: ) having to walk very far can we :angry:

a lot of trucks often park up on the clifton moor ind. estate although there is no facilities.

The barbican was the place in the centre, now sadly gone for trucks. There is a little Industrial Estate off Hull Road opposite Reg Vardy.

Murton Cattle Market is the other alternative or the Shopping centre on the ring road. Expensive beer and food though :frowning:

well guys and girls i got to the lorry park which is very well signposted whichever way you come into york.it will cost nine pounds including meal voucher and there are showers there.

THE ONLY PROB WAS IT WAS RUDDY SHUT :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: