Yet more advice needed please

Morning all, sorry to keep asking all these questions, I recently posted a question about my boss and him asking me to quit-the link is here
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=50176, I rang ACAS yesterday and they told me that I dont have to quit and my employer will have to let me go so thats good news, the problem I have now is that I have checked my bank this morning and they havent put my Sick pay in!!, Whats the best course of action for me to take now? I know if I ring them they will fob me off, is there anybody I can contact and ask their advice??

Thanks in advance.

Contact company and ask for reason - by e-mail if poss so you have something other than verbal.

Union or C.A.B. may be the next step.

hi mybe you can go and see your boss and ask him where your money is,if your there he may give you a cheque let hope :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

do you have access to keys and trucks at work :question: :question: and have a big garage at your disposal :question: :wink: :wink: :wink:

1. Contact your employer and ask why the pay hasn’t gone into your account, there could be a genuine reason (though I doubt it).

2. Contact social services and inform them that your employer is refusing to pay you.

3. Get legal advise from your union or CAB or you may have been given free access to legal advise (over the phone) with your mortgage so best check if you haven’t already.

I reread the post you linked this one to, and seem to remember replying to another post on the same subject, read them all again, read your employment contract very carefully too, make sure there isn’t a sneaky sentence saying something on the lines of:

“you are deemed to have resigned if you cannot drive through loss of licence, health etc”

Read the special clauses (if any) We all know how easy it is to skip through a document, scribble on it, handing it back because we are so pleased to get a start at a new job.

You have to realise that a haulier with 3 lorries cannot afford to stand a truck for 8 weeks, if he either knows you cannot come back or you have given him any incline that you will not be back, he will have made arrangements to keep the truck running.

Employment law says that you can be paid SSP for 28 weeks from the employer.

lowpayunit.org.uk/eras/advic … sick.shtml

As well as studying the contract with a fine tooth comb, contact the council, apply for housing benefit, council tax and maybe even a crisis payment.

Good luck, I know what you are going through. I am in the same boat at the moment.

The link in my post will give you some help!!!

sorry its a bit too late for you to do anything now but first thing monday morning you need to get in touch with ACAS again and explain to them what is happening a(ref no statutory sick pay) they will inform you what you can do and how to go about it.

have you been and spoken with yor boss? it might be worth going and asking him WTF is going on?

Well I have written them a letter asking why I havent been paid my sick pay for 3 weeks, and heard nothing, so its time to contact a solicitor I think!

I think you will find that you will be advised to write to your employer requesting payment within 14 days.Once they dig their heels in you are in for a long wait mainly because everything has to be done by letter,usually Recorded Delivery,Even if it ends up at a Tribunal there’s no guarantee you’ll win and you may be asked to pay a deposit to the Tribunal Service as a way to deter malicious claims.A Tribunal may not be heard for at least 6 months.It’s all a matter of following procedures.

Potter:
Well I have written them a letter asking why I havent been paid my sick pay for 3 weeks, and heard nothing, so its time to contact a solicitor I think!

Have you got a claim in with the Council? at least housing benefit may help to pay the mortgage. Even that can take a few weeks to sort out though, the sooner you make an appointment the better.

Wheel Nut:

Potter:

Have you got a claim in with the Council? at least housing benefit may help to pay the mortgage. Even that can take a few weeks to sort out though, the sooner you make an appointment the better.

I’ve spoken to the mortgage people and they will continue to pay the mortgage until next year, I have a friend who works in H.R. and she has written a letter to my boss asking him why I havent received any sick pay, we are awaiting his response, the other thing that has happened is that my boss rang me at the beginning of Sept and told me I have to quit, I explained I didnt and that if I did I would lose my house, he didnt seem to care!!

I’d call into his office with a can of petrol… :smiling_imp:
Seriously, do you think you will ever need a reference from this guy?
If not then the small claims court may be the way to go. When judgement is found in your favour they have 28 days to pay or they will get a CCJ which will make financing any new rolling stock a bit more tricky than it is now. It’s npt just your money you can claim for but also your time and trouble chasing it.