Yet Another Truckstop Closure

Alconbury truckstop has been sold and the plans are for it to be used for yet more warehousing. Ashford Truckstop is still under threat and now maybe Leicester Forest Services is also under threat of closing or moving to a new site. The good news is there are plans for new truckstops near Crewe and on the A55 in Flintshire.

this topic also covered here trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=24431

scanialady142:
Alconbury truckstop has been sold and the plans are for it to be used for yet more warehousing. Ashford Truckstop is still under threat and now maybe Leicester Forest Services is also under threat of closing or moving to a new site. The good news is there are plans for new truckstops near Crewe and on the A55 in Flintshire.

how is this going to help the east side?

Why are the government letting it happen ? Surely theres got to be safety grounds.

Its ok just do a print out and write on the back.

All laybys on A14 full, Peterborough services full,KC,s full had to drive over to Crewe but its only 2 hours over my 10 hour rest period and i only killed a couple of people on the way.

i did hear from one driver they have stopped ashford from closing as there really wont be anywhere for anyone to park, but it may be driver rumour

as said in the alconbury thread, we need to start parking in residential areas and get the problem noticed to get any sort of change

As far as I’m concerned, we have very strict drivers hours regulations that come with often very serious consequences when we fail to comply with them which in my opinion means that the government who insist that we stick to these rules, must make sure that we are able to do so. As for lay-bys that are directly on the road side, I would never park in one of them overnight, even if I had to go hours over my time I still would not. Being alive the next morning means more to me than having a legal tacho and if that makes me a criminal, the job isn’t worth doing.

Find a street where there are no yellow lines, cars can pass and you aren’t blocking any driveways and stop there.

If everyone did it, there would be uproar :smiling_imp: . I don’t do nights out but to those that do, you have my full sympathy. The way this country treats its drivers is disgraceful :frowning: .