Yes its a low bridge stupid

springfield road bridge[ grantham] has once again suffered a hit by a lorry too big to get beneath making it one of the worst affected in the country.
the event was captured on sat morning by diane perry using her mobile phone.
she said despite hitting the bridge he kept comming :open_mouth: :open_mouth: ,cars were having to turn around and find another way.
despite warning signsgiving the bridge height its still been hit 18 times this yeareach time bringing the road and rail services to a halt until a inspection was made .
it could well of been 19 as in the morning id just come under the bridge to be confronted by a big posh silver actross and fridge heading for it, i tried to flash my lights and get his attention but too late he went straight by me, i watched my mirror waiting for the big crash but luckly he twigged as his brake like and hazards came on.
theres dirty great height signs for the bridge but seeing as there no industry down that road anymore why dont they put a 7.5 ton limit or no access to h.g.vs.

I’ve never come across this particular bridge but I love the ones that have no warning before them, apart from a sign about 50 metres before hand suddenly telling you, with absolutely nowhere to turn around. Luckily as all the trailers I pull are 4.0m high I haven’t been affected yet but as many of these low bridges are say 4.4 or 4.5m high, there must be plenty of people who find themselves in a tricky situation, especially as high trailers are very common here.

eldor:
apart from a sign about 50 metres before.

In some cases you do not see a sign until the bridge

Would it have something to do with this from trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. … highlight= :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

gonzothejaffa1:

Zetorpilot:

montana man:
… snip …
4.2metre tautliner trailer

…snip…
Hope this helps :wink:

That would be 14.2 metre trailer I suppose :wink:

Can I ask why you are specifically interested in HGV acceleration?

no it would be a 4.2 metre trailer a 14.2 metre would be about 50 foot ish tall :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

4.3 metres is the old 14’ 6’’ height

there may not be industry in the town but there are shops B&Q allied Carpetright etc all have artic deliveries

Know it well. The other one in Grantham that regually gets clouted is that one on Barrowby Road (Also East Coast Mainline)

hitch:
there may not be industry in the town but there are shops B&Q allied Carpetright etc all have artic deliveries

but then you go straight down harlaxton rd [under 15ft 3 bridge instead of 13 ft], up wharf rd , then down london road to b and q or allied carpets. :wink:

hitch:

i may of said it wrong also as i meant no industry on springfield road which is where the 13 ft bridge is , there used to be american can, british markos on that road but there now either houses or in being turned into houses so no reason i can see for trucks to go down there