WTD??????

I sat yesterday down in Auxerre waiting to be loaded and read the latest issue of Trucking… on page 90 they tried to explain the rules on the WTD.
Has anyone else read this■■? and like me, was you completely baffled by the whole thing■■? and I do not consider myself to be stupid!!!.
I really didn’t understand half of the rules

no one will fully understand it,not even the idiots that thought of it in the 1st place.they must think its gonna work :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

What you need Bear is the TruckNet guide to the WTD, this is the rules translated from Euro Babble by Lucy. You can find it here. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I’ve posted this before I read the link.
Does this WTD, only involve driving, or driving & other work?
As i’ve escaped this “fiasco” i’ve not really looked into it. Just wanted to get out of it :confused:
Does this mean:
I could drive 48 hrs a week, knowing that I could only drive 90 hrs a fortnight. OR, does this mean: Once my 48 hrs of “working” time is up, that is me parked up till i’ve had my “rest period”,
Just VERY curious, because the way I understood it, before I moved “overseas”, was the second option :question: :confused: :confused: :confused:

TheBear:
I sat yesterday down in Auxerre waiting to be loaded and read the latest issue of Trucking… on page 90 they tried to explain the rules on the WTD.
Has anyone else read this■■? and like me, was you completely baffled by the whole thing■■? and I do not consider myself to be stupid!!!.
I really didn’t understand half of the rules

Basically…

NOTHING HAS CHANGED. There are so many things not counting towards the 48hrs that it has made the whole exercise pointless. For example, you get to a RDC and you know it’ll be an hour before you get on the bay then that doesn’t get counted.
The only people who really need to worry are those who do long distance trunking.

That’s what my boss reckons, but I do a mix of local and distance and have been keeping track of my working hours, as I would do when said WTD comes into force. I have set up a spreadsheet recording my drivingg hours, periods of availability and rest. So far, over the last 4 weeks I have done an average of 54 hours work spread over the 4 weeks. This even takes into account the 7 days annual leave I took over Christmas.

Things aren’t as simple as they appear on paper. I think my boss is gonnna get a wee surprise. I reckon there will be some fiddling going on by a lot of people. There’s sure to be a lot of “I’ll just take that half hour here and that hour there as Periods of Availability” even though I was loading really."

It’s all a half-assed buraecratic farce!! :unamused: :wink: