WTD /RTD

Surprised to see no posts about the new law coming into play ref the WTD for O/Ds ? Its been voted in Favour recently and is now law I believe…

Big enough article in it in Trucking and T&D, no good news really in my opinion, I read the 48 hr rule is to also include no driving activity such as servicing and admin!!!

whole thing is a joke!

thoughts ■■?

It’s not law yet, they’ve yet to decide on when it will start.

There is a post in this very forum about it:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=60735

Paul

Hi
Maybe everyone should write to their MPs explaining that if we too were paid an meps salary + expenses maybe it would be possible for us to live on 48 hrs a week. Better still we need a new trade body to represent ODs and smaller hauliers, forget the RHA/ FTA, they are just transport shops for your stationary. I read in TD that the ruling was effective immediately so if thats true its in place now but like Repton I also read somewhere that it was still to be introduced. If you use your tacho modes carefully maybe it will be possible to just about comply, ie POA and rest more often. Most of my loading /unloading is done on bays so i guess that could legally count as rest if im drinking coffee. Time will tell. Personally Im tempted to go and sign on and let the state keep me except I don’t think self employed NI contributions allow you to claim anything. Maybe I should smuggle myself back to this country in a trailer and claim asylum, then I would be well looked after :smiley:

Graham

grahamrfd:
Hi
Maybe everyone should write to their MPs explaining that if we too were paid an meps salary + expenses maybe it would be possible for us to live on 48 hrs a week. Better still we need a new trade body to represent ODs and smaller hauliers, forget the RHA/ FTA, they are just transport shops for your stationary… :smiley:

Graham

I find it an abhorrent situation when an MEP whose pay and fiddle package will be higher than the total revenue earned not by a single truck but probably two trucks telling us that we should work and earn even less :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

I also despise those drivers who willingly travelled to the E.U to stand and cheer at the decision, I challenge any of those drivers who may be reading this to defend their actions in this forum.

I also believe that some kind of group prepared to lobby their MPs and MEPs would be able to make our voices heard especially to this hopefully more user friendly government. It is high time that owner-drivers and small hauliers stood up for themselves. its either that or die out. :imp: :imp:

Oh dear. Income for OD’s soon to go tumbling out of the window. That should put a dent in the profits of those £2k a week box jockeys. :grimacing:

For many though, it won’t make any difference at all because there were never any profits to begin with. :grimacing: :grimacing:

■■■■.

Goaty:
■■■■.

I see your replies are continuing at the same intelligence level as they’ve always done Mr. G. :grimacing:

repton:
It’s not law yet, they’ve yet to decide on when it will start.

There is a post in this very forum about it:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=60735

Paul

thanks for the link Paul, I did a search fro WTD and nothing came up hence my post.

Sorry if ive duplicated!

did I read it wrong then as it stated it had come into affect in the mag ?

grahamrfd:
Personally Im tempted to go and sign on and let the state keep me except I don’t think self employed NI contributions allow you to claim anything

unfortunately you are correct. It stinks doesnt it.the fact you pay your taxes like everybody else but if you try and claim , because you are self empolyed, you get nowt!

Fellas, lets not turn this into a slanging match,its a valid post and valid comments referencing the WTD/RTD for O/Ds should be put,if ye dont want to speak about it then dont post on this thread.

cheers

Rob K:

Goaty:
■■■■.

I see your replies are continuing at the same intelligence level as they’ve always done Mr. G. :grimacing:

You are absolutley right routier. I was merely responding in kind to a fellow members remarks, remarks that I felt justified my response.
I will just add one more and hopefully it’ll go back “on topic” :smiley:

routier:
Surprised to see no posts about the new law coming into play ref the WTD for O/Ds ? Its been voted in Favour recently and is now law I believe…

Big enough article in it in Trucking and T&D, no good news really in my opinion, I read the 48 hr rule is to also include no driving activity such as servicing and admin!!!

whole thing is a joke!

thoughts ■■?

who voted it in?the MEPs? or was the voting fudged,and why wasnt the driving fraternaty given a chance to vote,or was this a bundle of wedge under the table from the big boys cos the ODs are making just that little bit more each week than one of their wagons :unamused:

the hole things a joke thought up in brussels that we have to comply to .what right does anyonehave to say we can only work 48hrs a week thus limiting the amount we earn .all e u b****cks

Ho god rob k have I been wrong for the last 27 years as an od, If I pack this in I will not go and work as A DRIVER FPR ANYONE,the wage is bad the hours to long ,and as for 15 hour spread overs and the silly WTDand its POA,S,NOT TO MENTION sleeping in a tin box on somwe smelly ind est with a take home pay for nearly two weeks work of $550 to 600 no thanks

Anitram I am now trying to organise a petition to stop this stupid rule on the grounds that we have no employment protection law,we were not consulted,and we do not need protection from exploitation.My euro mp is on our side and he and others are trying to turn this decision over.I phoned Ron web he was on his hols I left him a message ,I also phoned EURO MP Steven Hughes,he was the MP who invited those dim drivers the 15 hour spread over and a good weeks wage for two weeks hours brigade to see the vote so they could gloat ,they have not phoned me back they are like a bunch of nazis jack booting over people

TBH, when was the last time ANYONE from authority checked your WTD compliance ■■?

I have NEVER been asked for records regarding this rule, VOSA are not interested, they are too busy, and too short of staff [so I am told]’

Its easy to “manage” your hours anyway, just NEVER admit to working more than 48, and that`s 48 average over your “agreed” period, NOT 48 per week, every week :wink:

The snooze button [rest mode] will be used a lot more, IMO, simples :wink: :laughing:

Play the tossers at the their own game, and, NEVER go guilty, NEVER admit nothing if your questioned, NEVER…

i dont care what rules they bring in, no ones going to make me work 48hrs a week, i would want to be earning a lot more than 2k a week if i had to be working that many hours :laughing: :wink:

It is not over yet,mind you they want to be carefull because if ods are pushed out of being ods they make good shop stewards and they will not put up with the sh…t employed drivers do.Ods have more go and sense not to get the wool pulled over their eyes as has been the case with the WTD,this gave employers flexable working for nothing and the hours ,my god they want their heads testing