Wtd march '05 - any real changes?

BondiTram:
This is the bit most are missing. ‘break and availability are not working time’. We had it here in France with the 35 (remember average) hr week.
The only difference it made - we cut out Saturday washing down and got a day or two off towards the end of the month. The working week was as long as ever.

Salut, David.

So in realitiy most drivers are not going to be doing much less hours than before. Also it will mean RDC will have no reason to get thier act together. I can see a few of the cowboy oprators not paying drivers for waiting time on the excuse that it not covered by the WTD.

muckles:
So in realitiy most drivers are not going to be doing much less hours than before. Also it will mean RDC will have no reason to get thier act together. I can see a few of the cowboy oprators not paying drivers for waiting time on the excuse that it not covered by the WTD.

Exactly!

Salut, David.

no way on earth i can survive on 48 hrs a week.i’ll be earning about half of what i usually do!!! only way round it will be for companies to pay cash :open_mouth: