wrong postcode

anyone on here wanting to own up?

peterboroughtoday.co.uk/news … 5573566.jp

Reading some of them comments has wound me up lol…

Infact today i was following a lorry, and the sign on its back said " delivering stuff for you to make your, Houses, schools, hospitals, etc" Without lorrys you would have NOTHING "

Now i love that sign where can i get one? :slight_smile:

According to the paper it was 72 foot long. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

peterborough evening telegraph:
"I finally assisted the driver to reverse into Fletton High Street by stopping traffic with another neighbour.

what was he doing? throwing the neigbour at the cars to stop them or did he just lay the neighbour in the road

the comment about routes should be planned by smart people int he office, LMAO

Giblsa:

peterborough evening telegraph:
"I finally assisted the driver to reverse into Fletton High Street by stopping traffic with another neighbour.

what was he doing? throwing the neigbour at the cars to stop them or did he just lay the neighbour in the road

He’s breaking the law by stopping traffic

Some time ago, somewhere on the Werrington pkwy, where that retail park is, I was waiting for a bus or something… cann’t remember, but a Turkish FH pulled into the bus stop, rather worried driver got off and approached me. He had delivery his CMR in hands with delivery address like “debenhams distribution centre, abc street, peterborough, postcode”. Two googlemaps printouts clipped to it - apparently somebody in the office really cared. One map was of the “abc street” area, I think it was one of those small streets in the upper Lincoln Rd. neighbourhood, close where the Turk actually was. The other map was of the postcode area - on Thorpe Rd, where hospital is…
One would wonder how could he got lost with two maps…
Using drivers universal language I explained him he wanted to go Fletton; he did not look convinced but had little other option than to trust me

theres a good argument going on on there at the moment

Trucker beads:
Reading some of them comments has wound me up lol…

Infact today i was following a lorry, and the sign on its back said " delivering stuff for you to make your, Houses, schools, hospitals, etc" Without lorrys you would have NOTHING "

Now i love that sign where can i get one? :slight_smile:

i have also seen across the top of a truck windscreen.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT.

i want to know what he had on for lkea that was 22 meters long and 23 tonnes must be true says in paper not that they would make this crap up jus to make another stupid lorry driver sat nav story tossers

I notice in that report a lot of car moving had to happen before the driver could get out. So basically the residents were using the street as a car park, then blaming the driver for the chaos their car park caused. As the report said this has happened before and is becoming a regular accurence, the residents don’t appear to learn much from their experiences either.

22 m = 72.1776 ft (decimal) but yet only 23tons. Maybe building Carbon Fibre wind turbines in the Ikea Dist? :smiley:

if the so called driver managed to drive down the road surely he could have reversed out? and if it was a residential street obviously signposted showing it was a cul de sac why did the plum drive down there anyway was he really expecting to find an ikea rdc at the bottom :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: .no wonder so many people think lorry drivers are stupid god help us!!!

n17 trucker:
if it was a residential street obviously signposted showing it was a cul de sac why did the plum drive down there anyway was he really expecting to find an ikea rdc at the bottom :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: .no wonder so many people think lorry drivers are stupid god help us!!!

There is an industrial estate at the end of a residential area not far from me. If you need to enter it, you have to go through a residential cul=de+sac. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Chicken or the egg? :wink:

george3:

n17 trucker:
if it was a residential street obviously signposted showing it was a cul de sac why did the plum drive down there anyway was he really expecting to find an ikea rdc at the bottom :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: .no wonder so many people think lorry drivers are stupid god help us!!!

There is an industrial estate at the end of a residential area not far from me. If you need to enter it, you have to go through a residential cul=de+sac. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

and on this ind est you know is there a massive ikea rdc which can be seen from the p,boro ring road even by the very shortsighted :unamused: :unamused: :question: :question: :question: i do,nt know about you but commonsense says an rdc aint gonna be in a residential cul de sac and just in case he thought he was going to a store they aint exactly small. there is no excuse the fellahs a muppet full stop :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

In fairness to the driver, (not excusing getting stuck in a cul de sac in any way :wink: ) but if you use the post code for P’boro Ikea it will send you into the residential area, the postcode issued is wrong, I know :blush: when I was on traction I regularly pulled trailers from Immingham into there. It’s dead easy to find when you know where it is, but not if you’ve never been there :wink: :unamused:
How many on here can honestly say they’ve never made a mistake■■? :open_mouth:

n17 trucker:
if the so called driver managed to drive down the road surely he could have reversed out? and if it was a residential street obviously signposted showing it was a cul de sac why did the plum drive down there anyway was he really expecting to find an ikea rdc at the bottom :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: .no wonder so many people think lorry drivers are stupid god help us!!!

Check out Houndsgill Industrial Estate in Consett, you have to drive through a New residential estate to get to it :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

n17 trucker:

Actually, I did a drop the other week and to get to it you had to go down some residential streets :wink:
Aerospheres in Harrow if anybody knows it… :wink:

n17 trucker:

george3:

n17 trucker:

and on this ind est you know is there a massive ikea rdc which can be seen from the p,boro ring road even by the very shortsighted :unamused: :unamused: :question: :question: :question: i do,nt know about you but commonsense says an rdc aint gonna be in a residential cul de sac and just in case he thought he was going to a store they aint exactly small. there is no excuse the fellahs a muppet full stop :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

No but this industrial estate can be seen from the ring road, if that’s any help. On the grounds that it edges onto it. You can’t get to it from the ring road though. You have to drive into a residential estate then into a residential cul-de+sac.