would you ....?

report someone for no road tax if you knew that the vehicle was in everyday use and not taxed?

Driver-Once-More:
report someone for no road tax if you knew that the vehicle was in everyday use and not taxed?

Don,t really need to nowadays because there are number plate recognition cameras everywhere so it is only a matter of time before they will get caught anyway.

depends how far out of date it is, chances are , if its more than a month, they aint got insurance either. But no, let the authorities deal with it.

no, i would mention it to the person who’s vehicle it was.

it happened to me before " do you realise you tax is out of date " i never knew but when it was pointed out i renewed it that night and mine was 3 months out of date.

Stick a note under the wiper

Driver-Once-More:

No. None of my business.

Why would someone want or care to report an untaxed vehicle? :confused:

Santa:
Stick a note under the wiper

Why would you want to do that? :confused:

No. None of my business.

^^^^^ this

Live your own life :wink:

How do you know it’s not taxed?
My car is taxed, but I ain’t put the new disc in the window.
So it may appear it isn’t taxed, but it is.

pavaroti:

Driver-Once-More:

No. None of my business.

Why would someone want or care to report an untaxed vehicle? :confused:

In case it hits you or your property? Makes the subsequent insurance claim a nightmare :cry:

From the details given. Maybe. It depends on a number of things. If they were a tasty burd and I was getting a ride now and then I’d be inclined to keep quiet :laughing: If they were a ■■■■ and looked like a deviant then I’d be inclined to grass 'em up. Somebody has to think of the weans.

direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Ow … DG_4022073

dvla.gov.uk/dvla/onlineserv … spx?ext=dg

Do as you personally see fit, pointless asking us lot!

I would prefer to see something visible that shows the vehicle is insured, and a legal requirement to display it. That way we would know which vehicles to avoid getting hit by :open_mouth:

On the road tax I just think that any car on the road without tax is using something with paying for it, when I had to, and that’s wrong!

Nope.

Didnt know road tax would affect the insurance thats a new one to me.
Would imagine that mot might but at the end of the day if car with no mot was in accident and impounded and had no mechanical default would be ok.

nedflanders:
Didnt know road tax would affect the insurance thats a new one to me.
Would imagine that mot might but at the end of the day if car with no mot was in accident and impounded and had no mechanical default would be ok.

Police stastics show a high number of people that haven’t taxed their cars is becuase they can’t afford or wont insure their car.

that wasnt the question
question is if ur car is insured and not taxed is your insurance affected.
Also if no mot is ur insurance effected.

I always found my car seemed to run a lot better when it wasnt taxed !!!

report them, if i pay so can they, and if its just not displayed and it means they have to waste time explaining why its not displayed, thats their problem not mine, or is it too hard to follow the dots around the disc,or, perhaps they cant find the start of the dots?

nedflanders:
that wasnt the question

What we call car tax is really called road fund license. If you don’t have your rf license then your insurance is technically void.Which means they will try and weasel out of any claim.

why would anyone grass?
the police do nothing for us. so why would we consider doing anything for them?

Skippy70:

nedflanders:
that wasnt the question

What we call car tax is really called road fund license. If you don’t have your rf license then your insurance is technically void.Which means they will try and weasel out of any claim.

complete and utter rubbish. having no road fund licence has nothing whatsoever to do with insurance. however, having no MOT can result in your insurance becoming void.