Tax Disc

Soon to be a thing of the past.
gov.uk/government/news/vehicle-tax-changes

Yes correct I just bought my daughter a 14 plate Scooter and we were given a letter from DVLA (sent to the dealer with pre registration docs) to show the police if she gets pulled. The process is a bit random as the letter says you may or may not receive a tax disc, but the letter covers you.

Does this mean the Tax man gets two bites of the cherry, or will the previous owner get a refund on any unused tax automatically or will he have to apply for it? all I can see is more bureaucracy.

“When selling a vehicle to a new vehicle keeper, the vehicle tax will no longer be transferable. Vehicle tax will end when a vehicle is sold and the new keeper will need to get the vehicle taxed immediately before the vehicle can be used”.

Ossie

So will an agency driver be held responsible if the vehicle is not taxed and the tm has said it is / how do we check?

SD

i think with this coming change there will be a market for a iphone /android app called ‘is it taxed’ . you use your phone’s camera and aim it at your reg plate and it reports back with the tax status…

or just use the DVLA Vehicle Enquiry page Click here

I guess that an employee of agencey driver has to assume its taxed same as we have to take it in good faith the vehicle is insured

What I’d like to know is, are they putting the price up!

Its all change for trucks as this road user charge comes in for hgvs