Would Companies hire me?

Hi There
Sorry for long post.
Been contemplating doing HGV for a while but I had a years driving ban that finished two years ago for failing to provide a specimen of breath.
I have 3 points and the conviction still on license now, would a transport company still consider me or would I be wasteing my time and money doing HGV Test? Im 30 if age will have a bearing on it.

Thanks

. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome akhter :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

akhter:
Sorry for long post.

Very short compared to many on here mate

akhter:
I had a years driving ban that finished two years ago for failing to provide a specimen of breath.
I have 3 points and the conviction still on license now, would a transport company still consider me or would I be wasteing my time and money doing HGV Test?

Never going to say impossible but it will make it harder for you as many say no DD or bans on licence
Also a lot want you to have 2 years experience which in reality often means having the licence for 2 years !!

akhter:
Im 30 if age will have a bearing on it

Under 25s have insurance difficulties with many employers so being over 25 is in your favour

If you really want to do this then go for it - it will always be an investment for the futureā€¦

All the LGV TRAINING TIPS, including the Recommended LGV training schools that have been recommended by members, can be accessed by clicking on the link in my signature at the bottom of this post. The link includes THE INITIAL DRIVER CPC which started on 10 Sept 2009.
Official DSA videos of modules 1, 2, 3 & 4

JOB HUNTING :question: - A read of THIS POST may be useful - also CV & Interview tips
First year experience as a newbie after passing CE (with pics)

Forum with some useful stuff and Forum for questions on drivers hours

The conviction will stay on your licence for 11 years so any employer will see it if they want to see your licence. Whether anyone would employ you will depend on their insurance company and whether they want to take a chance on you. That said there are companies that may not be bothered about it and may give you a go, but it may be difficult initially for you. Good luck