Working with UK licence abroad

Hi guys,

Just wondering is it perfectly ok to WORK with an UK licence in say spain? i’m getting conflicting stories and was wondering if it could be cleared up.

Thanks

kreamo:
Hi guys,

Just wondering is it perfectly ok to WORK with an UK licence in say spain? i’m getting conflicting stories and was wondering if it could be cleared up.

Thanks

As long as you still live in the UK (and be every 90 days outside the country where you are working) you can keep using your UK/Euro license (photocard)

If you are living in the EU country where you work, than there are different rules.

Find that information on the webpage of the UK ambasade in Spain.

Thanks for that.

Is it true that if one was to transfer the uk licence with hgv entitlement to a spanish one then they would lose their hgv entitlement.■■?

kreamo:
Thanks for that.

Is it true that if one was to transfer the uk licence with hgv entitlement to a spanish one then they would lose their hgv entitlement.■■?

No it’s not true in Euro land (EEG) you keep all your entitlements, thats why your photcard license is called an EU license. :grimacing:

if you are considering driving a non UK registered vehicle the police in most european countries “prefer” you to have a licence that matches the country of registration of the vehicle but it is not a legal requirement, however if you were to live in say spain you would need to change your licence to a spanish one. you would keep all the entitlements you hold on a UK licence but the only difference with a spanish licence is that you need to renew it with a medical slightly more often than a UK one, the cost of changing your licence is about 40 euros in a good gestoria who will do all the paperwork for you.

forgot to put on answer to your PM but might interest others,
being able to speak the language goes a heck of a long way to getting a start otherwise you end up with lower paid crap work because you can’t complain like the locals :laughing:

mucho gracias amigo,

much appreciated i think as soon as get there i’m gonna be knocking on doors in the algeciras region. really worried about not getting nothing though.