Working in Europe

Hi guys, does anybody know if our class 2 and 1 licenses allow us to work for a European company ie living and working for a spanish company for instance ? Thanks in advance

Redstar46:
Hi guys, does anybody know if our class 2 and 1 licenses allow us to work for a European company ie living and working for a spanish company for instance ? Thanks in advance

Not sure what the rules are for living in mainland Europe, especially since Brexit, but your Class 1 definitely qualifies you to drive their trucks…or at least it always did in my personal experience in Holland and Belgium.

As a citizen of a third country you have no right of employment in the EU.
As A UK national you can only stay within the EU for 90 days out of 180.
You can apply for residency if you can satisfy a host country of your income and your ability to pay for your own health care.
Top of my head 22,000 euros income for the first family member in Spain, plus extra for other family members.
Driving licence will have to exchanged for your new country of residence. This is no longer automatic for all EU countries.
DCPC may well need to be changed for one in your new country too.
Employers need to satisfy authorities that they can`t get an EU citizen before employing immigrants from third countries. They will have to help you get a work permit.
Good luck, and “Welcome to Brexit!”

Edit
Here we are for Spain licence
“Note, if the above two paragraphs do not apply to you then, [apply b4 dec 2020] there is currently no agreement on how to change your UK driving licence to a Spanish licence. The only way to obtain a Spanish driving licence is to sit a Spanish driving test. However, negotiations are going on and this situation may change”
carinsurancespain.es/how-to-cha … g-licence/
Links to Spain Gov from that page.

Franglais:

Not like you to grab and seize an opportunity to make a point about Brexit (and Boris, and Covid :wink: ) on a thread Franglais. :smiley:

robroy:

Franglais:

Not like you to grab and seize an opportunity to make a point about Brexit (and Boris, and Covid :wink: ) on a thread Franglais. :smiley:

“Grab and seize a point”?
Suppose I could I have said that since Brexit everything is better?
But why would I tell a lie?

(Provide your own punchline there, mate) [emoji3]

Guess your own good wife is all signed up to avoid deportation?
(Another open goal there for someone)

Franglais:

robroy:

Franglais:

“Grab and seize a point”?
Suppose I could I have said that since Brexit everything is better?
But why would I tell a lie?

(Provide your own punchline there, mate) [emoji3]

Guess your own good wife is all signed up to avoid deportation?
(Another open goal there for someone)

2 words mate…Dual Nationality.
UK and Netherlands passports.
I don’t get rid of her THAT easy. :laughing: