E.u. driving license

hey,got a job to day with uk haulier,4 months work .onley to find his insurance comp dont accecpt spanish e.u. drivers licence.whats that all about?so much for the e.u.so if you dont reside in the uk dont bother loooking for work there,unless your polish ,easton block,etc

you are allowed by law to drive
for at least 1 year before you must change your licence, ot have the rules been changed yet again

EU mutual recognition of driving licences should apply, but we are talking about insurers here and they can be funny about things. :confused:

hi brit pete,this is sbout his insurance comp, not dvla,although im english it seems holding a spanish licence is to big a risk for uk insurance comps to take.oviously they have seen how the spanish drive!

who did you get on for mate
:laughing:

lone wolf .spain:
hey,got a job to day with uk haulier,4 months work .onley to find his insurance comp dont accecpt spanish e.u. drivers licence.whats that all about?so much for the e.u.so if you dont reside in the uk dont bother loooking for work there,unless your polish ,easton block,etc

suprised at that.
i never had a problem with my irish license ,and theres loads of eastern european licenses holders driving around with licenses that are not worth the paper they are written on.
are you sure that its not a case of you face does not fit in.
i even got a uk taxi badge,i know thats dvla and council,
but i had no problems.
i never had an insurance knockback with my car insurance either.
i would ask the haulier for a letter of refusal from the insurance.#you will not get it,they are duty bound to accept your spanish license.
you may have a case against them for discrimination.
if you dont live full time in england,you dont have any obligation to have an english license.
i remember in ireland many years ago,plenty of irish firms had english/welsh/scots drivers and they never had problems.
theres something not right here.

sounds to me like he’s got a local driver and this is his way of saying thanks but no thanks

this guy is manchester haulier,he has 2 hungarian drivers both with uk licences.he had problems with insurance for them,he seemed genuine,dont think he was palming me off.

i ma really amazed lonewolf.
you dont live in the uk.
i gather you are english,but that doesnt matter.
for years we have had irish guys driving for english companes and visa versa.
i never heard of any probs.
i still use my irish license.
its great to have it.
you are better off with a foreign license.
its keeps vosa at bay.
how they love it when you arrive in dover and they see a uk license after finding you had done something wrong.
it happened me once when i had a uk license.
you should have seen the smile on their faces.
i had driven 30 mins over.
i got a letter off vosa with alecture and what they would do to me next time.
i went straight home and changed back to an irish license.
they dont smile now,just park you up if thet happens.
you are best forget the company in manchester.
go else where.
you will find a company happy to let you use your spanish license.
you are not living in theuk,so no offence commited.
good luck in your job hunt.