Working for Palletline/ Palletline owned Company

As a driver, have any of you worked for Palletline? Particularly Class 2 ADR if that helps…i’m just wondering what they are like regards wages holidays etc and wether they’re ok in general to work for…

Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
GlesgaBill

If you’re meaning working for a Palletline member company then they will all differ as it’s not a case of Palletline owning the company, but rather the various member companies actually own Palletline.

Paul

palletline dont trunk adr idont know who does it for them■■?

I drive for a Palletline member, but since all the member companies are independant they are all different. Some members do hazardous, but not through the main hub - I think it is subbed out to somewhere near Rugby.

The rigid work is usually multi-drop and collections within the postcode area covered by the depot, so unlikely to be any long distance work. Trunking to the hub is all artics (mainly double-deckers) and it helps if you have a good book/television/dvd player as there can be a lot of waiting around. It is easy work though - drive to hub, open curtains, tip, go to bay & load, strap & close curtains, drive home. Some trunks do do a trailer swap, but not all.

PM me with the name of the depot and I might be able to get some info from one of their drivers for you.

I work for uk pallets depot and they also dont do haz freight?? We do however so it helps to have an adr man around for haz collections.

I think it could be chemical Ali at the Hazchem Network near Rugby

I worked for a member of palletline class 2 adr as well.This co were part of the haz chem network and the hub is somewhere around Preston IIRC.It was all multidrop work then collection s inc hazardous stuff.What i hated about the job was you get all your drops off by mid afternoon then go round collecting used to be long hours on the job i was on and due to the area the money was ■■■■ aswell

Thanks for the replies, folks…i have a better understanding now.

I also work for UK Pallets, and tend to find that stuff that is haz gets wrapped in black wrap so nobody can see what it is then sent through the hub.