Working Directive

So in simple terms as long as i dont go over 6 hours without a break. And if i go over 9 Hours the break goes to 45 mins
but if i drive 4 hours 30 mins i must have a break, and POA dont count towards anything really.

Thanks again for all the help!!!

Daz

Darren W:
So in simple terms as long as i dont go over 6 hours without a break.

Correct, at least 15 minutes

Darren W:
And if i go over 9 Hours the break goes to 45 mins

Correct, can be taken in 2 or 3 parts of not less than 15 minutes.

Darren W:
but if i drive 4 hours 30 mins i must have a break,

Correct, total of 45 minutes which can count for both Tacho regs and WTD.

Darren W:
and POA dont count towards anything really.

Correct.

Darren W:

Your welcome, anything else you are unsure of just ask.

I don’t know whether this will be helpful or not…

Look at each single regulation/rule and ask yourself - “Have I complied with it?”

Have I had the correct weekly rests?
Have I had the correct daily rests?
Have I had the correct tacho driving time breaks?
Have I had the correct working time breaks for the 6 hour rule?
Have I had the correct working time breaks for the total work done in the shift rule? (editted - see next post)

Remembering that breaks count for both the tacho & RT(WTD)R, can you say YES for them all?

If I’ve missed owt then I am sure someone will add to the list :smiley:

ROG:
Have I had the correct working time breaks for the total shift rule?

Total shift isn’t the important bit here.

Have I had the correct working time breaks for the total work done in the shift rule?

You could do an 8 or 9 hour shift and not require 30 minutes of break. You could do a 10 or 11 hour shift and not require 45 minutes of break(s).

Coffeeholic:

Darren W:
So in simple terms as long as i dont go over 6 hours without a break.

Correct, at least 15 minutes

Darren W:
And if i go over 9 Hours the break goes to 45 mins

Correct, can be taken in 2 or 3 parts of not less than 15 minutes.

Darren W:
but if i drive 4 hours 30 mins i must have a break,

Correct, total of 45 minutes which can count for both Tacho regs and WTD.

Darren W:
and POA dont count towards anything really.

Correct.

Darren W:

Your welcome, anything else you are unsure of just ask.

:open_mouth: Blimey Darren W, you’re quick on the uptake… and fair play to you for that mate. :smiley:

On the other hand, if that was ROG, there might have been around 10 forum pages of theoretical clarifications for discussing what the position would have been if the driver was wearing blue socks, and the vehicle were northbound in Mongolia on the second Tueseday before Lent. :open_mouth:

:laughing: :blush: :blush: Sorry ROG I couldn’t resist… :blush: :blush: :wink: :grimacing:

dieseldave:
:laughing: :blush: :blush: Sorry ROG I couldn’t resist… :blush: :blush: :wink: :grimacing:

dieseldave:
…if that was ROG, there might have been around 10 forum pages of theoretical clarifications for discussing what the position would have been …

…if that was ROG, there would have been around 10 forum pages of theoretical clarifications for discussing what the position would have been …

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

Coffeeholic:

dieseldave:
…if that was ROG, there might have been around 10 forum pages of theoretical clarifications for discussing what the position would have been …

…if that was ROG, there would have been around 10 forum pages of theoretical clarifications for discussing what the position would have been …

and if i got involved it could have been 1000’s of pages :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :laughing:

delboytwo:

Coffeeholic:

dieseldave:

and if i got involved it could have been 1000’s of pages :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :laughing:

Nah, you would have thrown your toys out the pram by page 12 and threatened never to post in this forum again. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Coffeeholic:
Nah, you would have thrown your toys out the pram by page 12 and threatened never to post in this forum again. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

just for you bye bye

I’m stayin out of this oe pmsl and I’ll sort out them emails honest :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

delboytwo:

Coffeeholic:

just for you bye bye

Del, come back, that was only page 1. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

nick2008:
I’m stayin out of this oe pmsl and I’ll sort out them emails honest :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Got them, thanks.

Coffeeholic:
the vehicle were northbound in Mongolia

Hi guys been busy for a while and not on here so forgive me for that.

Dave sorry Mate but even Roger knows the work time directive is not applicable to Mongolia…but I get the point.

Whoops been away for a while and still can’t be sensible on his first post…lol

Data Academy:

Coffeeholic:

Dave sorry Mate but even Roger knows the work time directive is not applicable to Mongolia…but I get the point.

Hi Rick, Welcome back :smiley:

:bulb: BTW, it was me who said that, not Neil. :wink:

dieseldave:

Data Academy:

Coffeeholic:

Hi Rick, Welcome back :smiley:

:bulb: BTW, it was me who said that, not Neil. :wink:

Numty me put the quote from the wrong post…good job you are running that ADR course for me this month or I might teach the wrong subject…sorry Neil I knew it was Dave.