Working time directive weekly rest

hi guys I work for a company that make you graft, as far as I ve been told no one in the uk has been prosecuted for working time directive .
I know the law but think company turning blind eye.
I started work sunday noon should have got back Friday night no one to rescue me anyway
and was told to pick up a job Saturday morning so worked 3 hrs today.finished 12 noon
my contract is sunday to Friday Saturday is overtime
I ll be going back to work tomorrow night about 6pm is 30 hrs rest
last weekend had 39 hrs rest
weekend before 24 hrs rest so have nt had 45 hours rest
other morning by mistake should have had 9 hrs rest tired put card in 8 hrs 10 mins by mistake
I have no problem with driving time breaks 6 hour breaks wtd.
so am I looking at serious fines as I know self employed drivers work all hours don t care.
and sometimes I do split daily rest 3 hrs break and then 9 hrs break
I ve a feeling if I moan to company they ll just say look for another job.
we do a lot of breaks during day waiting and poa

The way I read it mate, it’s Tacho (drivers) rules you’re breaking in the form of inadequate weekly rests…
You’ve taken 3 reduced weekly rests in a row!

As for losing your job, why would you want to keep this one? :open_mouth:

So their not fussed about the WTD :unamused:
So they don’t really give a toss about .

1. You
  2. The general public .

Next you’ll be asked to run bent

Who’s gonna pay your bills when your in prison due to you killing someone because your company don’t care.

Put it in perspective.

Be cause rules were broken 2 out of the Bath 3 are off to the jolly day camp for a fair few years.

As said, you’re breaking the EU regs.

If caught you’ll probably be parked up for 45 hours alongside a fine, potential court and tea and biscuits with your local friendly TC

Weekly rest is taco rules not wtd.

The company may not care but dvsa will if you get pulled.

As above if you have an accident you will be in serious trouble.

As evil said get a new job if this is what they expect

gothika:
I have no problem with driving time

Yeah you do. You have to take a full uninterrupted 45hr weekly rest every other week under EU drivers hours regulations. You should have had two in the last three weeks, you’ve had none. You’re breaking the law, so is your employer. If you get stopped at a roadside check you’re knackered. Expect to be parked up on the spot right there and then for 45hrs and then expect a fine and maybe even an appearance in front of the traffic commissioner as others have said which may see you lose your license.

Sunday to Friday contract is a six day week ?

and Saturday as overtime would make it a seven day week

I would say Sunday to Thursday should be your contract (Five day week)

with Friday or Saturday as overtime every other week to be safe

But Sunday is the beginning of the week

or have I read this question wrong ! ! !

Seems as though you have a choice to make
1 - stick to rules + keep your LGV licence + might lose job
2 - break rules + eventually loose LGV licence + keep job until licence lost

gothika:
I ve a feeling if I moan to company they ll just say look for another job.

In the long run, this is the best thing that can happen to you. You really do need to look for another job. If you kill somebody with your lorry, when they analyse your tachograph, you’re definitely going to prison.

If you don’t moan they will continue to take the ■■■■ out of you and break rules on your licence.

Sorry but I’d be telling them to do one and to start looking at the rules they are breaking and getting you to break.

Not worth losing your licence over it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I don’t think the DVSA bothers to much about the WTD on a normal check, might give advise about record keeping but not much more.
However I’m sure I’ve read about cases where they have prosecuted companies and drivers for WTD infringements, normally as part of a whole list of offences when they’ve targeted a rouge company and their drivers.

As others have said this is not WTD, but Drivers Hours Regs, it seems the Company you are working for either don’t understand or don’t care about the regulations and your knowledge seems a bit vague.
Now if your Company can’t get the Drivers Hours right what else aren’t they getting right or don’t care about when running a haulage company?

I’d get out as quick as you can, maybe not always easy when you have to pay the bills, but really they don’t sound like a good place to be and they’re taking the ■■■■.

Cut your digi card in half and apply for a new one before you get pulled and the DVSA see your flagrant disregard for the rules. Find a better company to work for and learn the the drivers hours rules as they’re your responsibility.

Im with most others in this. Get out. If you have bills to pay, (and who hasnt?) then start looking now, but try not to get bullied into running bent.
It would be easy for us sat indoors on a Sunday to talk about your rights regarding unlawful dismissal (refusing to obey an instruction involving law breaking) and talk about constructive dismissal etc. We all know about (or think we do) our rights, but that doesn`t pay the bills.
In the real world, try and get a another job pronto, rather than start a fight to improve your employers attitude. Good luck, and I hope you get a better boss soon.

If you get stopped by the DVSA any infringements on you’re card could land you with a roadside penalty.

In you’re case if you continue like this it wont be cheap.

Learn how to say no or look for another job.

The company you work for are the reason wtd and drivers hours regs exist!
I’m guessing you’ll not be working for the company for much longer, either because VOSA get wind of your company’s practices or you’ve found yourself a better job (which shouldn’t be too hard by the sounds of it).

harrawaffa:
Cut your digi card in half and apply for a new one before you get pulled and the DVSA see your flagrant disregard for the rules.

What do you think cutting the card up will achieve when the digi tacho head retains several months of records including whose card was in when?

Conor:

harrawaffa:
Cut your digi card in half and apply for a new one before you get pulled and the DVSA see your flagrant disregard for the rules.

What do you think cutting the card up will achieve when the digi tacho head retains several months of records including whose card was in when?

Starting fresh with a new card and a new company and adhering to the regs if he gets pulled the DVSA would have no interest in what had gone on previously.

nick2008:
So their not fussed about the WTD :unamused:
So they don’t really give a toss about .

1. You
  2. The general public .

Next you’ll be asked to run bent

Who’s gonna pay your bills when your in prison due to you killing someone because your company don’t care.

Put it in perspective.

Be cause rules were broken 2 out of the Bath 3 are off to the jolly day camp for a fair few years.

Err, he is running bent?

Conor:

harrawaffa:

Correct!

harrawaffa:

Conor:

harrawaffa:

Starting fresh with a new card and a new company and adhering to the regs if he gets pulled the DVSA would have no interest in what had gone on previously.

Wrong. And to think how much people moan like ■■■■ about the DCPC and then you read some of the crap that’s on here!